2015 KTM 300XC Build

I've already put up quite a few pictures of my new bike, but I thought I'd run through all the mods that I've already made to it.  I'd say its got about 90% of all changes that will be made to it in its lifetime already.  This was the first time I ever stripped down a brand new bike right off the floor and threw a ton of parts on it right away. I came off a 2011 350 XCF so the chassis are very very similar, so I already knew how I wanted the ergo's set up and stuff.  I'll leave a tasty picture here and then start a list of mods on another post.

2014-09-13154220_zps6588bd41.jpg

Edited by motonack
  • Like 5

Current Parts List:

--------------------------------------------------------

Fasstco Flexx Bars (Gen 2) - Carry over item from my 350

Cycra Pro Bend Handguards - Carry over item from my 350

BRP Flexx Bar Handguard Mounts - Carry over item from my 350

Cycra OEM 13-15 Plastics Kit w/ Graphics - Carry over item from my 350

Checkpoint Billet Aluminum Water Pump Impeller

G2 Ergonomics 2-Stroke Quick Turn Throttle Tube + Housing

Dirt Tricks Iron Man Sprocket Kit (13-51)

Regina ZRE X-Ring Chain

Eline Carbon Fiber Expansion Chamber Guard

System Tech Racing 4CS Fork Speed Bleeders

System Tech Racing Aluminum Fork Clickers (orange)

Trail Tech Tach-Hour Meter

Evans Powersport Coolant

Trail Tech Exhaust Flange Protector

Bullet Proof Designs Brake Disk Guard (black)

Bullet Proof Designs Radiator Guards (Gen 2 - black)

Motion Pro T3 Slidelight Throttle Cable (+5")

Emperor Racing Aluminum Skid Plate

FMF Racing Factory Fatty

FMF Racing Titanium 2 (shorty)

Eline Carbon Fiber Upper Fork Wraps - Carry over item from my 350

CV4 High Pressure Radiator Cap (2.0 Bar) - Carry over item from my 350

Fastway Evo Air Footpegs (orange) - Carry over item from my 350

Think Technology Closed Cell Seat Foam (yet to be installed) - Carry over item from my 350

Enduro Engineering Clutch Slave Guard

Pro Taper Pillow Top Grips (orange)

Twin Air Powerflow Airfilter/Cage Kit - Carry over item from my 350

--------------------------------------------------------

Changes to be Made:
Fastway Linkage Guard (2015 version yet to be released to public) [scratch that, as of today the new linkage guard is available]

Suspension Re-valve (Winter Task)

Edited by motonack
  • Like 3

IMO, drop that Emperor skidplate for something else. You really rob the awesome handling of the bikes with skidplates like that....

Im pretty sure im not at a level yet where I would notice any benefit from chassis flex. I have swapped the forks already to my revalved closed cartridge stuff from my 11 350. The stock stuff on these xc's are so soft. Has definitely helped a lot and will work until I can get this 4CS stuff revalved over the winter.

There nothing like my FlexxBars. They look like ATV bars???

Don't do pic's. I've seen lots of flex bars,but never a set with that much rise.

Edited by E-TECH

Those look like quad bars to me also. I've had a few sets of Flexx bars also and those are much taller than any thing I've seen ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1413570275.960048.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1413570315.960538.jpg

Zoom in and compare the rise. Those are my 12* Enduro bend

Edited by Woodsweapon350
  • Like 1

What would the difference between quad bars and dirt bike bars be? Just height on the mounting area for clearance or something? I can try to dig up email receipts and see what exactly they are. I know for sure I didnt order quad handlebars but I may have gotten the tall version.

• Like 1

Really nice build-

I am pretty much in the same boat.

My current bikes: mostly stock, AA off-road.

2014 450SX limited, 2014 350 XCF - new un-ridden 15 300XC waiting for mod ideas.

Thx for posting your setup, great inspiration. How do you like the exhaust compared to stock ?

Really nice build-

I am pretty much in the same boat.

My current bikes: mostly stock, AA off-road.

2014 450SX limited, 2014 350 XCF - new un-ridden 15 300XC waiting for mod ideas.

Thx for posting your setup, great inspiration. How do you like the exhaust compared to stock ?

From all information ive taken in online here, the fatty is supposed to just be a bit better everywhere compared to stock, while the shorty silencer boosts low end a bit. I never rode with the stock stuff aside from an hour and a half of put-putting along behind my house for a sanity break in session when it was brand new. Its been a good setup so far though. I thought the factory version of the fatty would have rusted more by now and would need a light sanding, but just wipe it off with some wd40 after washing and its good to go.

Yes, that is the combo I am looking for "a bit better everywhere" thanks !

Ive been beating myself up about what accessories to add, I typically add Ti pegs, lithium battery, EE hand guards, plastic skid plate,  warp9 wheeletup w/bib's and go racing.    Thinking I will add a few more guards to the bike for 2015 - rad braces, disc protectors etc.

I went through 2x 2014 350 XCF's

Excited to be back on a 2-stroker, rode a 2013 for a bit before jumping on the 350's.

Epic looking bike BTW, love it.

• Like 1