2015 300RR Dual Map switch

There is a wire under the tank with a bullet connector on it.  I think it is yellow with a blue stripe.  All you need to do is ground that wire to activate the aggressive map. You just need some kind of switch control grounding it or un-grounding it. 

This is my setup.  It is a start/stop switch from a KTM

Switch_zpsc825a633.jpg

Anyone with a 520RS confirm this is indeed a yellow wire (Striped) ?  As per the attached Beta Service Tech Tip, the 4 strokes come wired for the hard map as standard.

Anyone with a 520RS confirm this is indeed a yellow wire (Striped) ?  As per the attached Beta Service Tech Tip, the 4 strokes come wired for the hard map as standard.

The 13-14 520's need a new cdi box and switch to utilize the two map option. Yes they come standard with the hard map but thats it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have a 2014 250 rr and i wont to install the dual map switch,  but my dealer dont have the information for that.

I buy this

http://www.motocrosscenter.com/ecommerce/product_info.php?products_id=7039  from a gasgas.

After read the topic i have some doubts. I have to connect to the yellow/ride wire and the earth frame ??

In the electrical diagram 33 and 37 ?

electric_diagram.png
upload an image

Thanks

Edited by Longras

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/29/2014 at 9:13 PM, enmerdeur said:

Yes I am sure. 

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/STT%202012-4%20MAP%20SWITCH_0.pdf

Are you sure you grounded the correct wire? 

Map_zps572b9cfb.jpg

hello enmerdeur ,

could you post a picture of the wire .

i found 2 wires ( not connected ) close to the cdi  between frame and radiator  but it are 2 grey leads .

are these the ones or not ? thx for your reply

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 7:00 AM, Sam Jacobs said:

hello enmerdeur ,

could you post a picture of the wire .

i found 2 wires ( not connected ) close to the cdi  between frame and radiator  but it are 2 grey leads .

are these the ones or not ? thx for your reply

I no longer have that photo.  The CDI is under the seat on the Betas nowhere near the radiator.  You want to look for Yellow wire with a red stripe that is wrapped up with a bunch of wires by the coil.  It has a bullet type connector on it. 

• Like 1