Sign in to follow this  

Washington 2014 Hareport Scramble

Timing is right for me (until the wife bulldozes my schedule again). Looks interesting, might have to attend.

This is a good time! good mix of tight trails a few obstacles, a little pavement, and euro style grass mx all in one azzkickin lap. Do as many laps as you can in the time allotment for your class. It's the one time a year you can ride there so might as well hit it?

It is an awesome race, everything highmarker stated, it is my favorite race on the nma series, ill be there :D commin from yakivegas the night before, racing open c :D look for a red gmc 1500 with a suzuki rm 250 in the back :D ricky

Yea straddleline was a blast, a bit muddy, but made an interesting race, the PSER sprint enduro was a pretty fun race as well, little dif on the format but it was a blast, what class r u participating in?

Open C. :)

Yep, that Straddleline race was muddy!

10468367_10204177687632196_4270171652778

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1

A heads up to Vet B riders, some early flyers got out with your class listed under the short course, but you are per the NMA rules riding the long course, so make sure you are there in the morning, your race starts at 9:00 AM. Pass the word to any friends you have that ride this class also, thanks.

Come out everyone and check it out, should be another great event!

Is this race still a go? been raining a lot this week. Cool race but understand weather has the say.

Oh it's on, and should be great conditions! We need this rain, the ground is extremely dry there right now. With the forecast of a couple days of decent rain and then dry and 68 on Sunday, should be perfect conditions. We will have food and latte concessions available Sunday by the way. Also it's looking like the kids are going to get to race on the grass track this year, that should be cool to them and great viewing for everyone.

Yea straddleline was a blast, a bit muddy, but made an interesting race, the PSER sprint enduro was a pretty fun race as well, little dif on the format but it was a blast, what class r u participating in?

A Little muddy ?

Site of my first race.  Last lap I see a smaller guy in front of me about  a minute from the finish.  Start to chase him down and realize that I can get him in the last corner where I've been taking a great inside line over a log that the non-trials tire guys aren't really able to do.  Course workers yell at me as I'm about to pass.  "DO NOT PASS HER!" which caught my attention.  I was lapping and trying to aggressively pass what appeared to be a 12 year old girl. :facepalm:   Whoops.

• Like 3

Site of my first race.  Last lap I see a smaller guy in front of me about  a minute from the finish.  Start to chase him down and realize that I can get him in the last corner where I've been taking a great inside line over a log that the non-trials tire guys aren't really able to do.  Course workers yell at me as I'm about to pass.  "DO NOT PASS HER!" which caught my attention.  I was lapping and trying to aggressively pass what appeared to be a 12 year old girl. :facepalm:   Whoops.

Confused here....why wouldn't you pass someone?   Even a 12yr is still part of short course field.

Confused here....why wouldn't you pass someone?   Even a 12yr is still part of short course field.

You'd have to ask the course worker.  Maybe she realized it was the end and not for a position? :excuseme:

How is the track for spectators? I have some friends coming that have never been to a race and was wondering if they'll be able to see any of the action. ;) 

Jus tell em to walk the course :D

Not a good idea if they are new to the sport...

Hulk, there is plenty to see if they wander around a bit on the OUTSIDE of the course.

Ha ya big goober, i didnt mean the actual area we ride :D i shoulda been more specific, yea outside the area were rollin and turnin up :D how do i find you tomorow hulk? Besides with my eyes :p

U gonna be there finchy?