South El Dorado,Caldor (Cold Spot), Elkins, Gold Note,etc. etc. rides

Was there (camped near Penny Pines/Elkins Flat) last weekend and it was dry - rain should have helped a bunch for this weekend. Down trees in quite a bunch of places - streams had some water but no real snow last weekend anywhere I rode.

Cool - 

Tuesday storm put some down stuff even at my place.

But - it keeps the riding better - gives a chance to hone the log crossing skills.

It should be a great day for riding - and no dust!

The down fall adds to the fun and also keeps you warm.

Hock - you are always invited - always.

Thanks Eldorado you are the Man, I will take you up on that real soon, summer plans are happening early this year though and the weekends are getting booked already......

• 4 weeks later...

Ok - Rain in them there hills.

Saturday should be completely perfect.

Anyone in the area.  Believe me, there is good riding out there - you just need the right guide.

Looks like there might even be snow in the mountains.

Let's Ride.

20150411_122941_zpswri2a0zi.jpg

• Like 1

I will be up at the gold note area this weekend. I'll be camping Saturday night. Camping with the family but I'll be riding alone. Ill be on a o4' wr250f. See ya this weekend!

Where at in Gold Note and when.

I will be out there Saturday.

Give me a time and a place - I will meet up with you.

Not exactly sure where we will be camping out of really. I'll try for the first staging area off the road on trail 33 if it's open. Should be up around 11 or so. A little late but I'm towing a small trailer and bringing the family up. I'll be in a new black ram 1500 with a small pop up trailer.