Sign in to follow this  

How to Install Clarke 4.3 on BRP

Hi all,

I am trying to install the Clarke 4.3 tank on my 2000 BRP - the tank did not come with instructions. Or, are you going to tell me it is so easy, you don't need instructions.  Can anyone walk me through the install? 

Here's where I am:

I have the seat off.

I see where the tank mounts to the front - each side has a mounting bolt with rubber spacers.

? what's next?

Is there any way to "not spill" gas when you disconnect the stock tank?  The level is low, but there is definitely some fuel in the tank.

I don't want to get in over my head and not and not be able to complete the job.  I am having carb work done on Tuesday and need to ride to the shop.

Thanks for any advice.

Take care,

TC

Hi all,

I am trying to install the Clarke 4.3 tank on my 2000 BRP - the tank did not come with instructions. Or, are you going to tell me it is so easy, you don't need instructions.  Can anyone walk me through the install? 

Here's where I am:

I have the seat off.

I see where the tank mounts to the front - each side has a mounting bolt with rubber spacers.

? what's next?

Is there any way to "not spill" gas when you disconnect the stock tank?  The level is low, but there is definitely some fuel in the tank.

I don't want to get in over my head and not and not be able to complete the job.  I am having carb work done on Tuesday and need to ride to the shop.

Thanks for any advice.

Take care,

TC

Welcome to pigdom. If you turn the petcock off, you will not loose much fuel. This is a simple swap. There is only the front mounts and the rear mount at the rear of the tank.

Make shure to clean out the bowl underneath the fuel petcock before and after the tank install ,and maybe ad a inline filter while your at it