changed the front tire to a shinko 705

Really need to buy the rolling jack setup so i can work on the Drz easier but untill then I'll have to keep using my "special" setup.

If you are used to pilots or other sticky tires be careful with the 705! I have  705 front and rear and they are like banana peels. I had to lower my tire pressures to 15psi to avoid the rear wheel from spinning out on take off around corners in second gear. To hard of a compound on these tires its like riding on Teflon. Ive been doing brake stands at lights to warm them up, I'll be dumping both next year.

• Like 2

+1 on the 705s being slippery. I was drifting the rear end just earlier today. Upside is they last FOREVER.

i use 705s for my commuter tires I think I'm on my 3rd season, and will EASILY get a 4th out of the front and maybe a 5th out of the back.

I switch to 700s for off road and my dual sport adventures. They seem adequate for my style of riding.

• Like 1

BTW, love your jack setup. Very ingenious. I hope it doesn't bring you any bad luck.

I have the Harbor Freight MC jack ($99) and love it.

I just switched out my wheels for an off-road sesh tomorrow. Took about 15 minutes including finding all my tools and putting them away.

• Like 1

Funny!, I've never had any issues like what you guys are saying. Loved my 705's other than the fact that they were heavy and slow but I was able to work around that. I guess I was lucky but I punished them wet and dry and never lost traction and felt predictable.

• Like 2

Funny!, I've never had any issues like what you guys are saying. Loved my 705's other than the fact that they were heavy and slow but I was able to work around that. I guess I was lucky but I punished them wet and dry and never lost traction and felt predictable.

Agreed, I find them pretty nice for a cheap street oriented adventure type tire. Compared to cheapy Kenda's I'm used to, they are downright sticky.  But then I'm slowww too.  ?  LOL

Really need to buy the rolling jack setup so i can work on the Drz easier but untill then I'll have to keep using my "special" setup.

I am currently running a 705 on the rear and a Kenda 761 on the front and have'nt had any issues ,actually the bike is much more planted than when I ran the stock dunlops last year.

I did'nt catch what you were running on the rear? And BTW ,your bike looks great! ?

If you are used to pilots or other sticky tires be careful with the 705! I have  705 front and rear and they are like banana peels. I had to lower my tire pressures to 15psi to avoid the rear wheel from spinning out on take off around corners in second gear. To hard of a compound on these tires its like riding on Teflon. Ive been doing brake stands at lights to warm them up, I'll be dumping both next year.

would avon distanzias be considered sticky or slippery on pavement. i just put a set on mine, but going easy for first 100 mi. 

• Like 1

Agreed, I find them pretty nice for a cheap street oriented adventure type tire. Compared to cheapy Kenda's I'm used to, they are downright sticky.  But then I'm slowww too.   ?  LOL

Yeah, i had 2 sets of Kendas that I wore off in no time. Then I got my 705s and ride them almost daily to work. They work great for commuter tires and have lasted YEARS. However, they do not stick nearly as well as my Michelin slicks I used to run on my superbike. Of course, I was lucky to get through one 4 hour endurance race without grinding them down to the cords!

120 what's the thought processes in the front and rear being opposite?

That might be a factory question.  I just put on a set of 705's.  The rear 18" goes one way, per the directional arrow on the sidewall.  And the 21" goes the opposite way, per the directional arrow on the tire.  I thought it was kind of weird too.

That might be a factory question.  I just put on a set of 705's.  The rear 18" goes one way, per the directional arrow on the sidewall.  And the 21" goes the opposite way, per the directional arrow on the tire.  I thought it was kind of weird too.

Are the tires made in china?

Prolly and old post but is your front tire on backwards..📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412710137.350485.jpg

This front tire is mounted correct. The front and rear are opposite.

My GUESS is it prolly has to do with most of the braking in front and all the power in back.

I believe these are made in China.

I have read that Shinko buys molds from bankrupt tire companies and continues to manufacture them at a discount (I read this on the Internet, so it must be FACT)..

Edited by Filipe