Quality Clutch Lever and Perch assy.

I'm looking for a quality aftermarket clutch perch assy with 1 specific quality.  Does anyone make one with a change in internal dimensions that makes the clutch pull easier?  I find myself in tight, gnarly stuff ( and maybe in trouble) that I'm not even sitting on the seat as I'm trying to muscle the bike out of a spot and trying to squeeze the lever.  It would be a whole lot easier if I could do it with 2 or 3 fingers from odd angles. 

Thanks.

I was away from the sport for 27 yrs, and don't have the broad knowledge base, so...

But I can tell you I installed ASV levers/perches and I think my clutch lever is (prior Rekluse install) easier to pull than with the OEM lever/perch.

Not a huge difference, but one just the same.

• Like 1

How old is your cable and how often do you lube it? Mines new and I lube it after just about every ride or so. May be a bit over kill but I was in the same boat as you haha. I can work mine with 1-2 fingers and you and I ride pretty much the same stuff. I've had more than one person comment on how smooth and easy my clutch pull is. I've got a Works Connection perch/adjuster/lever setup on there too but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Check your cable routing too as well. No kinks, hard bends etc etc. Do you have bark busters? Did you try moving the lever in, towards center to get more leverage?

I've lubed the cable but it still seems stiff so maybe I'll just order a new cable too.  I'll go with OEM for that.  I just checked the routing last week and improved it a little but still not to my liking.  My Suzuki with all the OEM parts is as smooth as silk.  2 fingers for sure.  Yami...Gotta use 3 fingers (or more) for sure.  I just checked it a couple hours ago. The Yami is kind of "click - click - click" until you get the full travel of the lever.

I wanted to mention, I wasn't trying to fix a stiff clutch solely by buying a different perch.  I busted a lever and I thought as long as I have to spend some money on the lever assy.,  I'd upgrade the whole thing.   I think next step may be a cable but I still want a good perch assy.  I was reading some buyers were NOT impressed with MSR assemblies and wouldn't buy them again.

I've lubed the cable but it still seems stiff so maybe I'll just order a new cable too.  I'll go with OEM for that.  I just checked the routing last week and improved it a little but still not to my liking.  My Suzuki with all the OEM parts is as smooth as silk.  2 fingers for sure.  Yami...Gotta use 3 fingers (or more) for sure.  I just checked it a couple hours ago. The Yami is kind of "click - click - click" until you get the full travel of the lever.

If the lever is "clicking" its got to be binding somewhere.  Be it the cable or the lever fulcrum.  I'd also check the assembly where the clutch cable attaches next to the flywheel.

I have an ASV lever and perch.  Smooth as butter.  1 or 2 fingers is all it needs.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I figured you weren't looking for a magic cure or anything. When my lever starts having that notchy feeling, I pull it apart, clean and lube the crap out of of that pivot point. If that bolt hole starts to wallow out, it'll do that a lot too. I really think you'd be happy with a new OEM cable. The Works Connection deal I have in mine works well too. Has the quick adjuster on it and has the longer lever that I like, just moved in about an inch and a half from the end of the bar. My friends got an 02 zinger with an older cable(which he never lubes though lol) and our pulls are miles apart. I can literally run mine with one finger if needed. It's still not a hydraulic clutch, but it's def leaps and bounds better than it was before.

Edited by deener
  • Like 1