150f mixture screw

i pulled the carb apart for cleaning, and when i pulled the mixture screw out, the very tip had a 90 degree bend. Is this supposed to be straight? Anybody have a picture of one?

I'm about 97% sure it's supposed to be straight

Has your bike been running poorly lately?

Edited by LoonRider

Yes. Pilot jet was completely blocked. Decided to soak the whole carb in some green in the ultrasonic cleaner.

It has to be replaced with a non bent screw to run properly.

There should be a spring, flat washer and an O'ring on it before installing the new part.

Be sure that the old original washer and O'ring are removed before installing new parts.

Start out with two turns out from seated then adjust for highest idle speed, then readjust base idle speed the way you like it.

It has to be replaced with a non bent screw to run properly.

There should be a spring, flat washer and an O'ring on it before installing the new part.

Be sure that the old original washer and O'ring are removed before installing new parts.

Start out with two turns out from seated then adjust for highest idle speed, then readjust base idle speed the way you like it.

I was thinking about just carefully straightening it.  No?  If not, then why not?

There was a spring and a flat washer in the hole behind the screw.  The screw was 1.5 full turns from all the way in before I removed it.  Thanks for the procedure tip: so if I start at two turns out, I should spin it left and right until the idle speed tops out?

The mixture screw should be Brass. If you try to straighten it will crack of. You should try to straighten just to see.

A new one is a set with the needle, spring, washer and O ring, about $12. 

I ordered a new one, won't arrive until Tuesday but we're taking the kids riding on Sunday.  I'm hoping the needle doesn't break when I try to straighten it.  Thanks for the heads-up!!

Took the kids riding on Sunday, before the new part came in.  Good news is that I was able to gently straighten the needle with some needle-nose pliers without breaking it!  Had a great time riding, too.  Ran strong all day, no issues.  New part arrived; it's on the workbench ready for installation this weekend.