WP PDS TRAX Valving

Anyone had much to do with shim settings on a WP PDS TRAX shock for Enduro?

I recently pulled one down for a service and noted the shim settings, the comp on the Main piston seems quite firm, especially the HS portion of it, but i havent had alot to do with the 1.5 piston setup that the TRAX has, so the firmer valving is prob well needed for this shock considering it has no needle and secondary piston.

This is the stack,

Comp

Base plate 34.0mm tappered.

Only one 44.2?

Whoops, forgot the (6) after the 44.20

Looks over stiff on hs , what bleed hole does it have ?

Looks over stiff on hs , what bleed hole does it have ?

I didnt see any bleed hole. This is PDS by the way.

Yes they often have a bleed hole in the piston

Ok, I thought that was only more common on Trax linkage shocks.

I had a good look at the main piston and couldnt see one.

Well it looks way stiff to me

Verry close to what I have been running for the past year. I have a 30x0.25 instead of 30x0.30, other than that identical.

If you only do rocks and roots at second gear it's far from ideal, but for the faster enduro tracks it works good.

Edited by Fredders

Even that one change on a pds piston will make it softer , each shim has such a big effect as the cross over gap is only 0.15mm

Verry close to what I have been running for the past year. I have a 30x0.25 instead of 30x0.30, other than that identical.

If you only do rocks and roots at second gear it's far from ideal, but for the faster enduro tracks it works good.

Thanks Fredders. I have ridden on this shock with this valving and it worked very well, was just a little surprised to see so many .25 and .30 shims compared to a stock shock. I guess that needle and 2nd piston on a stock shock really has an effect ;)