Sign in to follow this  

How much oil do I out in my 2005 yz250f?

05 bike, steel frame... should have a "dip stick plug" on the front down tube, left side.... right?

Rule of thumb: 1.25 US qts WITH filter change, 1.1 w/o filter.  Then run the bike, loosen the "oil check" at the oil line on the head to make sure you have oil pressure there with the engine running, then tighten it back.  Then shut off the engine, pull the dip stick, and check the level on it.  Should be in the Safe zone marked.  If not, then add slight amount until it reads properly.  If over filled, drain slight amount and test again.  Some guys say run for 3 min before checking.

Now for your next question: "Did I damage it cause I ran it with less than 1.25 qt.?"

NO.

Now, Go have fun!

• Like 1

05 bike, steel frame... should have a "dip stick plug" on the front down tube, left side.... right?

Rule of thumb: 1.25 US qts WITH filter change, 1.1 w/o filter. Then run the bike, loosen the "oil check" at the oil line on the head to make sure you have oil pressure there with the engine running, then tighten it back. Then shut off the engine, pull the dip stick, and check the level on it. Should be in the Safe zone marked. If not, then add slight amount until it reads properly. If over filled, drain slight amount and test again. Some guys say run for 3 min before checking.

Now for your next question: "Did I damage it cause I ran it with less than 1.25 qt.?"

NO.

Now, Go have fun!

thanks for the good answer