Sign in to follow this  

Best Enduro Bike? (Street Legal)

Looking the get the best bang for the buck! What is the best enduro street legal bike? Looking to buy immediately, but don't know what to buy!

2 stroke or 4 stroke I want the all in all best bike. 

Keep in mind I am a fairly tall guy being 6ft, so probably nothing under 350cc.

Thanks everyone,

Seth

Gonna be a long list.

KTM 500 exc

KTM 525 exc

KTM 530 exc

KTM 690

KTM 990

Dr 650.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

There are a bunch of choices but I like the carb.  Street legal dirt bike? BETA . Scroll down and read some tests. Go to the Beta threads and ask and look at what guys say about the bike. So far I have not seen a brand with better overall satisfaction.. and that's including KTM which is great too. I bought an 09 BETA 525 RS .. a street legal dirt bike and it has been great. The new ones are a bunch better so I'd go that way. I take my 525 in the ugliest stuff and it works awesome and it's a street legal bike. I'm 6'1" and I feel good on the bike. They are easy to ride , have great power and handle great and work well in ugly conditions. If I were to buy and upgrade I'd buy the biggest bore BETA that is street legal but the others are great too .. It just depends on you...

http://www.betausa.com/node/729

Here I'm riding my 525 in a trail race too... It's a great all around bike and it's street legal and fun to ride. For street legal dirt bike to me you have to go 4 stroke. I'm more of a 2 stroke guy but at some time I'll upgrade to the newer generation Beta.. but I don't have to . I'm totally happy with my 09 RS so it isn't a priority. The newer gen Beta from 2010 on  are faster and quicker steering.. a bit more nimble.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

98 to 04 XR400R is the best bang for the buck..

The xr is not factory street legal.! 

The critical unasked question is what do you expect from the bike on and off-road?

Street- city, highway, interstate and how far? You want to run it between trails? Adventure biking?

Dirt- trails, HS, enduro and what type? Rocky, muddy, hard pack, open two track, tight trails, woods, etc.

%street/dirt?

A lot of great suggestions, all of which would suck under the wrong conditions. There is no perfect street legal dirt bike. They are all a compromise. You have to decide what's important to you.

• Like 1

The critical unasked question is what do you expect from the bike on and off-road?

Street- city, highway, interstate and how far? You want to run it between trails? Adventure biking?

Dirt- trails, HS, enduro and what type? Rocky, muddy, hard pack, open two track, tight trails, woods, etc.

%street/dirt?

A lot of great suggestions, all of which would suck under the wrong conditions. There is no perfect street legal dirt bike. They are all a compromise. You have to decide what's important to you.

And how much you want to spend.

• Like 1

FWIW I read the question as "enduro bike" not dual sport. Competitive dirt bikes that are road legal.

That to me means CRF-X, WR-F, KTM EXC models 2 and 4 stroke, Beta, GG, RMX250, KDX200 - 250 WR250 2 stroke Yamaha and Husky.

The list goes on, and on, and on.....

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 2

FWIW I read the question as "enduro bike" not dual sport. Competitive dirt bikes that are road legal.

That to me means CRF-X, WR-F, KTM EXC models 2 and 4 stroke, Beta, GG, RMX250, KDX200 - 250 WR250 2 stroke Yamaha and Husky.

The list goes on, and on, and on.....

Unfortunately, most of those bikes are not street legal in the U.S

Edited by ickfinger

Unfortunately, most of those bikes are not street legal in the U.S

Really? I know the wr450, crf450x, kdx200, and every new exc models are.... Id personally go with the wr450, it cruises nice at higher speeds.

Edited by wadzi90

Really? I know the wr450, crf450x, kdx200, and every new exc models are.... Id personally go with the wr450, it cruises nice at higher speeds.

I dont know what they allow in Oregon, but even if you can register them, Unless they have turn signals, horn,mirror, brake light,high/low beam headlights, dot legal tires, they are not "street legal". That leaves only t he ktm exc's.

I dont know what they allow in Oregon, but even if you can register them, Unless they have turn signals, horn,mirror, brake light,high/low beam headlights, dot legal tires, they are not "street legal". That leaves only t he ktm exc's.

Well all of those come with turn signals, horn, mirror, brake light, high/low beam headlights and DOT tires.

If anything the EXCs are less road bikes than the corked up Japs.

Well all of those come with turn signals, horn, mirror, brake light, high/low beam headlights and DOT tires.

Ive always been jealous of how the euro's get all the legal stuff. Us laws are too strict.

I think the OP needs to weigh in with answers on what Knudsen said above.  The other question is what are the rules for making a bike street legal in Montana?  If they are anything like Colorado, you can convert anything as long as it meets the rules for converting an off road bike to onroad.

So which is it, is there any flexibility in Montana?..or must if come out of the factory as street legal?

• Like 1

I've never seen a crfx with street apparel from the factory. The only one there that's 50 state legal is the exc.

Where did you see those mc?

Edited by pterry

I've never seen a crfx with street apparel from the factory. The only one there that's 50 state legal is the exc.

Where did you see those mc?

Riding around on the street.

Even the smokers are legal here.