KTM Accused of Cheating!

THAT'S RIGHT! I SAID IT BECAUSE IT HAD TO BE SAID! Riding a KTM 2013 500 EXC is JUST LIKE CHEATING! My friend even said so himself after I let him ride it today! 

The smoothness and power of that insane motor, the simple ease of the hydraulic cluth (game changer), the awesome suspension (thanks in particularly to ESP Suspension in Glendale) and those butter-brakes makes these bikes feel like you are totally cheating out on the trails! 

HA!

I love my bike so much! 

KTM trail fall 2014.JPG

Edited by sdcfish

lol... i must agree..

It could be that the others are using pointed sticks at a gun fight, so is it really cheating if you bring a gun? 

THAT'S RIGHT! I SAID IT BECAUSE IT HAD TO BE SAID! Riding a KTM 2013 500 EXC is JUST LIKE CHEATING! My friend even said so himself after I let him ride it today! 

The smoothness and power of that insane motor, the simple ease of the hydraulic cluth (game changer), the awesome suspension (thanks in particularly to ESP Suspension in Glendale) and those butter-brakes makes these bikes feel like you are totally cheating out on the trails! 

HA!

I love my bike so much! 

Is the "trail" shown in he photo normal for the riding you do? The terrain really makes a difference in which type bike shines. 

Is the "trail" shown in he photo normal for the riding you do? The terrain really makes a difference in which type bike shines. 

Good question George! Up here in the Eastern Sierras....Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite etc.....we get a lot of open trails that have smaller forestry trails that connect all over the place! My rides up here average about 25mph which is pretty fast considering when we are in single track and super technical stuff like in Hesperia, or Mojave Desert area, the average speed goes way down! I should have absolutely mentioned that this bike "for me" excels really on the faster tracks where I can average 40+ mph.  I have come to like the faster trails where you can really get in a groove and chomp for miles with big smiles:)  It does struggle a bit more in the tight stuff where my other buddies love their 300 2 strokes....now most have Rekluse clutches too.....that's on my list for sure.Not sure how to upload a photo in this post, but I will try. I would say that most of the trails up here are kinda rocky.....but also tons of whoop sections, and amazing scenery!

Here's a little taste of some basic whoop sections.........

trails 10-5-14.JPG

Edited by sdcfish

Add a Rekluse:)

Here's a little taste of some basic whoop sections.........

I think I saw one in there or two....

Is the "trail" shown in he photo normal for the riding you do? The terrain really makes a difference in which type bike shines.

Completely agree.

The 500 is just awesome and does make things cheating sometimes. It's funny cause I find myself calling it cheating too and telling others the same thing. KTM did a great job on it, hence the popularity of it and reason it won dirt bike of the year 3 years in a row now. People can say what they like about it and how it's suited more for different terrain opposed to smaller bikes but I still feel it's the one do it all bike around. And I love how Adam Riemann works it like a bicycle on terrain none of us could imagine doing. Check out this vid of him riding a with a 350 and 200exc. Still doing the most technical routes like a boss even where the smaller CC's bikes didn't. Above all, ride with what you have and enjoy being out there, that's what it's all about  :ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vAgQB6gogI#t=176

Edited by johnrunner89

Another portion of a "trail" in JV...

Another portion of a "trail" in JV...

lol…."TRAIL"……..it's funny because I always joke around with my buddies too about "Trails"…..I just like to get out of first gear:P………but hey…..I don't mind doing technical rides once in a while too, but, ……me personally don't enjoy those rides as much as I used to.  Been there….done that…..as you just saw in the video….beats the shit out of the bike too….not to mention some days are just brutal on both you and the bike.  Even so…..I have had some great days on rides like that…….dropping my bike down a 15 foot cliff, broke radiator too, but that was my CR 450R……that day blew!  My buddies just did the Rincon trail near us and from what I saw from my buddies video…..pretty much just like you just showed……up over rocks….everyone picking up the bikes and helping get them over etc…….but there were guys on 500's but all with Rekluse……..had to have it in those slow technical "Trails" if you can call climbing over rocks "Trails"……I guess if I had to choose, it would be single track all day for me.  I guess if you want to climb over rocks, you probably have a trials bike? 

Kenny….you should try a Parelli trials tire too…..grips rocks like glue!  Im sold on that tire!

lol…."TRAIL"……..it's funny because I always joke around with my buddies too about "Trails"…..I just like to get out of first gear:P………but hey…..I don't mind doing technical rides once in a while too, but, ……me personally don't enjoy those rides as much as I used to.  Been there….done that…..as you just saw in the video….beats the shit out of the bike too….not to mention some days are just brutal on both you and the bike.  Even so…..I have had some great days on rides like that…….dropping my bike down a 15 foot cliff, broke radiator too, but that was my CR 450R……that day blew!  My buddies just did the Rincon trail near us and from what I saw from my buddies video…..pretty much just like you just showed……up over rocks….everyone picking up the bikes and helping get them over etc…….but there were guys on 500's but all with Rekluse……..had to have it in those slow technical "Trails" if you can call climbing over rocks "Trails"……I guess if I had to choose, it would be single track all day for me.  I guess if you want to climb over rocks, you probably have a trials bike? 

Supposed to be doing Rincon next Sunday :thumbsup:

Edit - and I hear you about the goat trails.  I'll be 51 this month, but hey, it keeps me young :smirk:

Edited by KennyMc

Kenny….you should try a Parelli trials tire too…..grips rocks like glue!  Im sold on that tire!

That wasn't me in the video though, just a friend I ride with. :ride:

Right on! Rincon will kick your ass….but it's worthy of checking off the bucket list as my friend put it.  Check out their video on Advrider.com under the Reional forums / West - Cal desert/ Full moon Freedom ride 2014….they just put up some vids of their ride last weekend…..fun for some….Rekluse highly recommended.

Right on! Rincon will kick your ass….but it's worthy of checking off the bucket list as my friend put it.  Check out their video on Advrider.com under the Reional forums / West - Cal desert/ Full moon Freedom ride 2014….they just put up some vids of their ride last weekend…..fun for some….Rekluse highly recommended.

Meh, it's only 19 miles long, how hard could it possible be :smirk:  :eek:

My friends have done it a few times, it should all be good. :cool:   Glad I now have the 350 as opposed to my WR 450. :applause:

The 500 is just awesome and does make things cheating sometimes. It's funny cause I find myself calling it cheating too and telling others the same thing. KTM did a great job on it, hence the popularity of it and reason it won dirt bike of the year 3 years in a row now. People can say what they like about it and how it's suited more for different terrain opposed to smaller bikes but I still feel it's the one do it all bike around. And I love how Adam Riemann works it like a bicycle on terrain none of us could imagine doing. Check out this vid of him riding a with a 350 and 200exc. Still doing the most technical routes like a boss even where the smaller CC's bikes didn't. Above all, ride with what you have and enjoy being out there, that's what it's all about  :ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vAgQB6gogI#t=176

Awesome video…..those guys are having too much fun! Great stuff.

Meh, it's only 19 miles long, how hard could it possible be :smirk:  :eek:

My friends have done it a few times, it should all be good. :cool:   Glad I now have the 350 as opposed to my WR 450. :applause:

Here's a link to their ride last weekend at Rincon…… My riding buddy since we were 13 years old is riding the white fender's and over-sized tank 300.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002198

and the video

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002198&page=4

Edited by sdcfish