Sign in to follow this  

Can someone identify part ?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412500377.189980.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412500545.525010.jpg

It's the golden thing underneath the Reed valve block thing

It almost looks like a grease nipple from other side

I think it is leaking petrol ??? Any ideas why and what it's purpose is?

Any Info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Oh it's a 03 yz125 too

My first 2 stroke yehaw

Hope it doesn't smell like fuel. If so, you may have problems.

It wasn't strong enough to smell but I say it is because it appears thinner than the oil I put in

:s what does this mean lol???

"it appears thinner than the oil I put in"

That oil is being misted out of the breather under pressure, so it should appear thinner.  If it is pouring out, I would think that you might have over-filled the trans.  If the hose had been on you probably would not have noticed the oll in the first place.  If you drain the oil you should be able to tell if it is contaminated.  Might be time to perform a leak down test.  Check out this epic thread started by NitrousR1 for some great info: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1061686-build-your-own-diy-yz250-leak-down-tester-pics-included/?hl=leak+test#entry11524197

"it appears thinner than the oil I put in"

That oil is being misted out of the breather under pressure, so it should appear thinner. If it is pouring out, I would think that you might have over-filled the trans. If the hose had been on you probably would not have noticed the oll in the first place. If you drain the oil you should be able to tell if it is contaminated. Might be time to perform a leak down test. Check out this epic thread started by NitrousR1 for some great info: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1061686-build-your-own-diy-yz250-leak-down-tester-pics-included/?hl=leak+test#entry11524197

Okay thanks ill buy a hose

Dot know why previous owner had it disconnected

What would the purpose of the leak down test be?

Thanks for the info