Sign in to follow this  

building a mod crf150rb for supermini

Thinking about switching my son to a fourstroke. He is on a 2012 ktm105sx now. I found a clean 2013 crf used and want to know the best motocross mods. Just talking engine, but reliability is a must. My son is fast but not lorreta lynn speed yet.

Thinking about switching my son to a fourstroke. He is on a 2012 ktm105sx now. I found a clean 2013 crf used and want to know the best motocross mods. Just talking engine, but reliability is a must. My son is fast but not lorreta lynn speed yet.

Head work is where the big gains are. Match the cam to the flow pattern of the head. Consider Ti valves w/BeCu seats (holds clearance very well). Maybe crank and rods for longevity ( See Ron Hamp's post: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1105895-carrilo-rods-forhe-crf-150/ ).

Ron Hamp does fine headwork and would be a good choice for headwork and further recommendations.

Edited by Old Plonker

i had one and it's pretty torquey out of the box suspension should be first upgrade

Thanks guys for the advice. We ended up getting a '14 kx107. My son is doing better on it. He says it's easier to ride than the ktm and faster. Nothing against the crf but im glad he stuck with the 2stroke.