Sign in to follow this  

Flat proof tires

We have goat head weeds in Idaho. Puncture weeds. They create ticked off dads, and an expense. My brother just gave my family a crf80 and a crf70 for the kids. Please tell me what I can do to keep these tires from going flat from punctures.

Those foam inserts are really the only things that would completely prevent a flat. I think they're called "bib mousse", but they're like $100 per tire

Ive been using fibreseal with success here in no utah....we have tons of goat heads too.

Ive been using fibreseal with success here in no utah....we have tons of goat heads too.

Ok. I hope it's not like slime. Slime doesn't works.

Ok. I hope it's not like slime. Slime doesn't works.

I agree, slime is crap. I tried it first, then was introduced to fibreseal at les schwab while doing a rotation/balance on my car. i have used fibreseal in a couple small trailer tires, rm50 tires and a few bike tires....in fact i use it at about half the amount recommended with success.

http://www.enforceproducts.com/tc-41.php

I picked up the 32oz for under $10

I agree, slime is crap. I tried it first, then was introduced to fibreseal at les schwab while doing a rotation/balance on my car. i have used fibreseal in a couple small trailer tires, rm50 tires and a few bike tires....in fact i use it at about half the amount recommended with success. http://www.enforceproducts.com/tc-41.php

Up here in Idaho, these goat heads are of the devil.

How much will I spend on a smaller bike, per tire to treat?

Do you have schaub apply? If you do the install, how do you do it, ad does it take a certain tool?

Up here in Idaho, these goat heads are of the devil.

How much will I spend on a smaller bike, per tire to treat?

Do you have schaub apply? If you do the install, how do you do it, ad does it take a certain tool?

They do not install it, very easy....just use a flex straw custom cut to go from the bottle nipple to the tube stem. Very simple process. Just buy a small bottle, probably only a buck or two a tire, but youll have leftover. Edited by GASKICKER

They do not install it, very easy....just use a flex straw custom cut to go from the bottle nipple to the tube stem. Very simple process. Just buy a small bottle, probably only a buck or two a tire, but youll have leftover.

Ok. Does schaub carry it?

They do not install it, very easy....just use a flex straw custom cut to go from the bottle nipple to the tube stem. Very simple process. Just buy a small bottle, probably only a buck or two a tire, but youll have leftover.

Sounds like I install it like slime?

Ok. Does schaub carry it?

they carry it in northern Utah; I know that. It does install like slime....but it works. I couldnt get 3 days out of a fillup on my kids rm50 rear tire; I put fiber seal in it last nov and havent put a drop of air in it since. The mgr at Les Schwab thought it might last 30 days, which i was willing to take and almost a yr later, no sign of leakage.

they carry it in northern Utah; I know that. It does install like slime....but it works. I couldnt get 3 days out of a fillup on my kids rm50 rear tire; I put fiber seal in it last nov and havent put a drop of air in it since. The mgr at Les Schwab thought it might last 30 days, which i was willing to take and almost a yr later, no sign of leakage.

Thanks. What part of Utah? I went to Utah state.

I agree, slime is crap. I tried it first, then was introduced to fibreseal at les schwab while doing a rotation/balance on my car. i have used fibreseal in a couple small trailer tires, rm50 tires and a few bike tires....in fact i use it at about half the amount recommended with success.

http://www.enforceproducts.com/tc-41.php

I don't know. Slime is actually pretty good.

I have a hill climbing tire on my dirtbike that I run bolts. Slime keeps it up..

I also have 98 bolts in each rear tire on my predator 500, both slimed... Works well.

Bob mousse go bad and don't last long. Slime.. Works great.

Again, I run bolts, slime and have no problems

I just had to reply because of your name….WTH, LOL?

That's pretty damn crazy! How did you come up with that name?

That's pretty damn crazy! How did you come up with that name?

Nickname since I was a kid + my #72

Nickname since I was a kid + my #72

Not my nickname. It was to meanings. John Wayne, and I love to hunt pheasants. The number is my birthdate year.

M nickname as a kid was Hooch. Coach thought I looked like the dog.

I searched for solid rubber tires, and found them for just about everything except dirt bikes.

They would be heavy, but if it's just a trail bike for playing around I wouldn't care.

Mousse Bibs. Swear by them 100%. I did a desert race with them in August, 534 miles on them front and rear, tires are destroyed but never had to change a wheel/tire on it the whole race. Can smack a cactus, sharp rock and it won't matter. They're the honey badgers of tire inserts 

Mousse Bibs. Swear by them 100%. I did a desert race with them in August, 534 miles on them front and rear, tires are destroyed but never had to change a wheel/tire on it the whole race. Can smack a cactus, sharp rock and it won't matter. They're the honey badgers of tire inserts 

I just got a rear mousse. Cant friggin find a front for the life of me. 

Does the life of the mousse expire with use or time? I dont want to mount it until i find a front...

To the op. tireballs or bib mousse..or if ur wanting to go the cheap route. High end tennis balls

• Like 1