Sign in to follow this  

crf450x rekluse exp 3.0 best tranny oil to use?

Recluse recommends Rotella 15w-40.  I have used both Rotella and Delo for over 200hrs in motor and tranny side, oln more than one bike with great results.  However you will find hundreds of opinions on oil, just pick a good one and go with it.

Edited by rdalley

I've used Rotella 15w40 in my Core EXP 3.0 with no issues. It's buttery smooth after replacing the basket.

Rotella in 2 450x's, both sides, rekluse 3.0, 2.0.  The original 2.0 had 130ish hours and still looked great.  Cold mornings take a bit of warming up before the creeping stops.  

Call or read the Rekluse site for their recommendation then don't overthink it, have fun!

Transmission specific oils will always be better for the gears and the shifting.

That being said, the Rekluse by nature, is designed to slip. The slippage will result in higher rates of wear and higher rates of contamination.

For that reason, changing your transmission fluid more often than normal is warranted.

The Rotella solution still provides a high quality oil for the transmission at a very good price compared to transmission specific oils, especially when you are changing it more often.

• Like 2