Sign in to follow this  

Keihin pwk jetting insight 2007 cr125

So my bike has a good low end response and hits really hard mid but then kinda dies off on top my bike is a 2007 cr125 with a 139cc big bore kit, fmf fatty pipe shorty silencer, and vforce reeds.Jetting as of right now is

Slide- #6

Needle-jd jetting red, clip in 3rd position

Main-180

Pilot-45

Airscrew-2 turns out

I was thinking maybe a 178 main and a different needle any help is appreciated

So my bike has a good low end response and hits really hard mid but then kinda dies off on top my bike is a 2007 cr125 with a 139cc big bore kit, fmf fatty pipe shorty silencer, and vforce reeds.Jetting as of right now is

Slide- #6

Needle-jd jetting red, clip in 3rd position

Main-180

Pilot-45

Airscrew-2 turns out

I was thinking maybe a 178 main and a different needle any help is appreciated

Based on your current jetting, I'd suggest that you are too lean on the main using JD red needle. Try 182, or185. What does your plug tell you?

I have an 05 CR144, and have had best results with (OEM 2000 CR250) A685/294R in 3rd clip with 45, 178, #6 slide. JD has an alternate red needle that works better than the red in a big bore. You may ask him for one.

I agree, I have a 94 cr125 with a 144cc big bore kit on it and at 4500 feet above sea level, I was using the blue needle 4th clip with a 182 main.  You need to go richer.  You are losing top end power because you are too lean not because you are too rich.

Also, I would suggest that the JD red needle is to lean as well for a 125, or big bore. I used the red needle for awhile in my 144, but later changed needles because I had a lean bog in the middle, and an "off idle hesitation" otherwise very clean throttle response. If you have the blue needle, try it in 2nd or 3rd clip.

Consider these other needles for your bike:

N3CG Yamaha yz250

N3YF Kawasaki kx260

NECG Suzuki rm250

The Yamaha needle will use about the same jetting as JD

The Kawasaki and Suzuki needles will need a 42 or 40 pilot, and 178 main. These work best with a 5.5 or 6 slide.

I've tried all these settings, but the info courtesy RTV.

Edited by magpie5

Also, I would suggest that the JD red needle is to lean as well for a 125, or big bore. I used the red needle for awhile in my 144, but later changed needles because I had a lean bog in the middle, and an "off idle hesitation" otherwise very clean throttle response. If you have the blue needle, try it in 2nd or 3rd clip.

Consider these other needles for your bike:

N3CG Yamaha yz250

N3YF Kawasaki kx260

NECG Suzuki rm250

The Yamaha needle will use about the same jetting as JD

The Kawasaki and Suzuki needles will need a 42 or 40 pilot, and 178 main. These work best with a 5.5 or 6 slide.

I've tried all these settings, but the info courtesy RTV.

well my jd jet kit is for the husqvarna cr125 with a keihin pwk so it might be alright Edited by Speedy1210

well my jd jet kit is for the husqvarna cr125 with a keihin pwk so it might be alright

From what JD has told me, all of the needles he sells in his kits that are for PWK carbs are identical.  He has 2 alternate needles that he uses for special situations but if the Husky CR125 has a PWK carb, it has the same needles in it that come in the 99-00 CR250 kit and the YZ250 kits.  If the Husky does not have a PWK carb, those needles will not work.  But like Magpie says, you should call JD to confirm.

Edited by frdbtr

From what JD has told me, all of the needles he sells in his kits that are for PWK carbs are identical. He has 2 alternate needles that he uses for special situations but if the Husky CR125 has a PWK carb, it has the same needles in it that come in the 99-00 CR250 kit and the YZ250 kits. If the Husky does not have a PWK carb, those needles will not work. But like Magpie says, you should call JD to confirm.

ok I'll give them a call just to make sure Edited by Speedy1210