Just stole a bike!

I have one of these turds but paid $1200 for it, nice score! That back tire also looks super fresh. Once you ditch the 36mm TMX and let the motor breathe it graduates from a turd to a really great bike. The top end keeps pulling and pulling. I also bought mine with a bad right crank seal, but after the bearing seized I rebuilt the whole motor. A few rides ago it started spooging again, but I'm long overdue to repack my silencer. They are really fun and light bikes, easy to throw around. Oh yeah, send that pipe to pacific pipe repair and it'll look like brand new for $60.

Edited by dan2581

Well I replaced the crank seal and no more sploog! But the power on this thing just seems so flat, something must not be right. It screems but it doesn't pull like I remember my yz125 did...maybe I'm just used to the power if my ktm 520? I don't know.

Power valve is working, maybe it's not opening all the way???!? I don't have a manual but from what I understand you install the actuator arm so that when the motor is off the powervalve is sitting up against he stop pin

Ktm 520sm

Compression was at 150psi as well so top end is still in decent shape

Ktm 520sm

Stock mikuni is jetted way too rich stock the Keihin pwk swap really helps though. The stock needle on the mikuni is the problem you have to go like two needle sizes leaner it's a must.

Well jetting is right on with pro circut specs, and I'm basally at sea level. I mean this thing is flat on power, no pull what so ever compared to my 01 yz. It was Idling pretty high when I got it I'm thinking an air leak but not sure, had to turn my idle screw out At least 3 turns to get it to idle at the right speed. I'm thinking left side crank deal

Ktm 520sm

Glad to see progress! Have u seen the DIY leak down tester somewhere here in this forum? I think that might help u narrow it down. In fact, if u want il ship u the one i made. Hit me up if u want it.

Edit - no charge, just goodfaith u would send it back

Edited by RBI

What do the reeds look like?

They looked good, there v force 3.

Although it's been a while sense I had a 2 stroke and didn't hold it up to a light to see of they were fully sealing, I think they are good but I will double check that tonight after work

Ktm 520sm