Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Clutch Removal tool TMS-7740B

I have a Rekluse RMS-7740B on my 2011 KX250F, how do you remove the clutch basket, a standard EBC clutch removal tool does not fit, and I can not locate anyone that sells a Rekluse Clutch removal tool.    I cant beleive that this woiuld be the first time that anyone has ever had to remove a Rekluse Cluch!

Call Rekluse. They'll know exactly what you need.

Without a tool that fits (and I only use the EBCs since the fork types have always torn up my basket), you can usually just hold it with a rag and use an impact wrench on it. Don't use it to tighten, but loosening is no problem.

Did you install it, or did it come with the Rekluse when you bought it? Some guys really crank that clutch hub nut using an impact wrench. In that case an impact wrench might be the best way to loosen it no matter what clutch removal tool you have.

Edited by LSHD

You need one of these son!

output_zpscwmje7kz.jpg

Have you used those on this year of KX250F? Those did not work well for me at all, since the former user tightened the nut with an impact wrench. They also did not fit the clutch hub. Had to grind the tips to proper shape, which I heard works for some people. Will those hold at 50 ft-lb torque on the nut?

BTW, the EBC clutch removal tool fit my perfectly.

Edited by LSHD

I literally had to manufacture my own.  The Rekluse guy was uterly useless....Afer explaining to him three times that the center hub is freewheeling once you take the plates out, he simply did not get it.   I ended up drilling out a piece of maple, drilling the bolt holes to lign up to the clutch spring holes, bolting the maple to the clutch spring bold holes, and and that did it.

Edited by Boyeeeeee

Have you used those on this year of KX250F? Those did not work well for me at all, since the former user tightened the nut with an impact wrench. They also did not fit the clutch hub. Had to grind the tips to proper shape, which I heard works for some people. Will those hold at 50 ft-lb torque on the nut?

BTW, the EBC clutch removal tool fit my perfectly.

It is the standard tool to remove the hub nut. If a person is doing a lot of work on a particular make/model bike, it is not uncommon to take an old steel clutch plate, weld a stout handle on the edge that will fit throught the clutch basket fingers. Some manufactureres still sell them as a special tool. The item Monk posted (I've hit them with over 100ftlbs, no problem) works on 99.9% of the bikes and only a little more cumbersome than a special tool made for a certain bike.

Impact on, impact off. It is very difficult to remove the hub nut, crank nut, countershaft nut or flywheel nut on most bikes without a impact.

Yeah, without the suddenness of the impact wrench, those tongs just broke my hub teeth to pieces. Won't use them ever again, as EBC clutch removal tool distributes load on all the teeth evenly. Much better tool for me. Of course now I only use an impact wrench off, torque wrench on.

Edited by LSHD