Throttle Cable Repositioning

Hey guys, i currently have an issue where my throttle is sticking when i lock it to the right. ive tried pretty much everything but i still cant seem to either A) route the cables correctly or B) figure out why it is sticking. My best guess is i'm not routing the cables correctly. So im wondering if someone has any pictures of there entire throttle assembly and where it routes. Some mods that may effect my Routing are the Trail tech X2 headlight and also silicone radiator hoses.

Thanks for any and all replies ?

When your bars are straight does the throttle snap back to closed when released? And are your cables clean? You might have a fray.

I have my throttle cable routed kind of funny to be able to swap jets easier. Even with 2 more bends than stock positioning mine still snaps closed with force.

Edited by JSY

Hmm, mine just refuses to close the throttle when locked to the right, locked to the left has no issues

And yes, the cables are clean, and no freying on either ends

Certain circumstances can actually cause frays within the cable. Try disconnecting both ends and see if it makes scratchy noises as you move it back and forth through the shroud.

If you have a BSR36, mine goes like this.  First it goes through the guide.  Then it goes around (in front of) the cluster of wires etc.  Then it crosses through the frame (in front of the coil).  Then goes strait to the carb.

1412563838167.jpg

1412563858573.jpg

1412563880468.jpg

1412563898300.jpg

Edited by Throttle5

Personally i didn't figure what the problem is, but my local garage has sorted it for me since i got him to check over the entire bike as i just rebuilt the entire thing and was abit scared of riding it without a quick once over by someone who knows what they are doing ?

So thanks for all the replies anyways