What is the best Gasket?

Hello everyone, I'm debating on which gasket kit I should get. I ride a RMZ-250 and have been looking for a Gasket kit and have been wondering if i should get Athena, Cometic, Or Moose Gasket kit.

Can anyone Recommend me which one to go with? Thanks!!!!

:ride:

Cometic.

No OEM option?

No, Im gonna go with aftermarket this time.

I had an Athena kit that worked fine, cosmetic has a good rep too. Porter torque specs and sequence(if there is any, most the time not) and having the right material/thickness gasket where necessary (some aftermarket don't do that) are the important parts

they're all fine. just prep and assemble properly and move on.

you're much better off asking the truly puzzling questions like "what's the best oil"?

I just got off cheap the last time i put one on mine. I went with tusk cause of a race that weekend. It didn't last well at all. But there is always that talk "this one isn't as good at this one" So i just thought id see what other riders perfer

Hello everyone, I'm debating on which gasket kit I should get. I ride a RMZ-250 and have been looking for a Gasket kit and have been wondering if i should get Athena, Cometic, Or Moose Gasket kit.

Can anyone Recommend me which one to go with? Thanks!!!!

:ride:

Cometic.

I just got off cheap the last time i put one on mine. I went with tusk cause of a race that weekend. It didn't last well at all. But there is always that talk "this one isn't as good at this one" So i just thought id see what other riders perfer

I've had issues with Tusk gaskets also.

Mike

Hmmm....  I remember one of those brands included 3 different thickness base gaskets, and another only had one.  Sorry, but I don't recall which brand.

I recommend OEM, but out of the three you listed, I would go with:

1. Cometic

2. Athena 

3. Moose

I personally like Athena and the reason is they offer different thickness for the base gasket. This is a very good tuning adjustment for compression and valve to piston clearance. For most everything else I normally use OEM or cometic

Have had no issues with tusk gaskets. Got them on both my bikes. Personally a gasket is a gasket to me.