Sign in to follow this  

going to get my new 2014 kx250f ,any must do's?

going to get my new 2014 kx250f tuesday,  got hell of a deal 4700.00 otd  , any racers out there , any must haves before we hit the track? is the gearing pretty good?

got hell of a deal 4700.00 otd  - any must haves before we hit the track? 

Thats an awesome deal! 

Set the sag, put gas in it and go rip!!

I know thats not much help but MXA has write ups that can give you an idea of what you might want to mod in the future. One of my riding friends has a 13 and as far as handling went all he did was add the Pro circuit lowering link to get the handling the way he liked it. Great bike overall. And no I couldn't keep up with him on my Suzuki lol.

going to get my new 2014 kx250f tuesday,  got hell of a deal 4700.00 otd  , any racers out there , any must haves before we hit the track? is the gearing pretty good?

Get new bars from day one in order to get new grips. Oh and just throw away the throttle tube and put a new one on with the new grip.

You can remove the grips from the standard bars I did mine but its not necessary the standard grips work ok.  

Put a decent chain and chain guide on.

Strip the suspension and swingarm linkages and regrease them.

Strip the steering bearing and regrease.   

I knew I was getting it so , I already bought a few things , protaper 1-1/8 risers , protaper bars ,and grips ,protaper chain, and sprockets ,yes sponsered by PT, hr/tach meter, and flex levers, the front tires coming off I hate the 51 front tire. I put the new bridgstones x30's on our other race bike ,they work awsome.

I'd also like to add a yosh slip-on for the bling factor, sponsered by them too , never bought from them so I have to see what thats going to cost

how about the radiators do they tend to hit when crashed ,should i get radiator guards?

some bikes ive had you can look at the radiators wrong and they bend

have to look into the link,

thanks guys

Edited by fgrote

Get new bars from day one in order to get new grips. Oh and just throw away the throttle tube and put a new one on with the new grip.

I never understand why people fuss so much about the grip vulcanized to the throttle tube. I use a bench grinder with a wire wheel attachment and shred the stock grip off clean in about 5 minutes. No big deal.

going to get my new 2014 kx250f tuesday, got hell of a deal 4700.00 otd , any racers out there , any must haves before we hit the track? is the gearing pretty good?

make sure everything is lubed correctly and torqued properly

2014 kx250f has no vulcanized grips.

tighten all the 8mms for the plastics, Seat bolt s too.

pay attention to the spokes in the first hour, they will loosen badly.

throw away the stock chain guide and replace with a tm

check the head pipe nuts after an hour of riding

other than that , ours has stayed together pretty much, changed a rear sprocket after 30 hrs and chain.

Al

2014 kx250f has no vulcanized grips.

tighten all the 8mms for the plastics, Seat bolt s too.

pay attention to the spokes in the first hour, they will loosen badly.

throw away the stock chain guide and replace with a tm

check the head pipe nuts after an hour of riding

other than that , ours has stayed together pretty much, changed a rear sprocket after 30 hrs and chain.

Al

Thats good news cause all the past one sucked. And yes i too use a wire wheel to remove. But i usually put a metal tube on anyway so i no longer bother to grind em off

Edited by spin05