Weird exhaust sound issue

During my ride today it seemed as if my exhaust got louder, as if the silencer needed to be repacked, but only at times.  It seemed to sound normal again after shutting it off and letting it cool for a while, but then started sounding louder again.  My silencer is a Turbine Core 2 and shouldn't need to be repacked yet.  I run C12 race fuel, does this burn the packing up faster?  Any other ideas?

Any loss In bottom end bottom end power when The exhaust was louder? If the power valve gets stuck open or something breaks and lodges ,keeping it open, the exhaust note will be different and thay may be what you heard.

There wasn't any noticeable loss of bottom end power.  I'm wondering if it's sticking a little though.

Maybe check your powervavle, this just happened to me a noticed a weird almost raspy sound of idle thought maybe a burnt up all my packing. but it turns out the stopper for my main powervavle had broken off and jammed it from working. I also noticed a loss in bottem end power seemed really "touchy" 

I'm in the same boat as scott-h-1992.  I'd tear into the powervalve system and inspect/clean.  Change the plug.  I thought I was having silencer issues also.  Turned out the valves were stuck open.  Is the sound coming from the silencer?  Or the expansion chamber?

The sound appears to be coming from the silencer.   It does seem that I've lost some bottom end lately now that I think more about it. My powervalve was supposed to have been gone through by Eric Gorr when I sent it in for the 295 kit.  I'm almost certain he didn't send my back my cylinder though, even though I specified I wanted mine back.  Well, guess I'll tear into the power valve.  This will be my first time to mess with the power valve.

The sound appears to be coming from the silencer.   It does seem that I've lost some bottom end lately now that I think more about it. My powervalve was supposed to have been gone through by Eric Gorr when I sent it in for the 295 kit.  I'm almost certain he didn't send my back my cylinder though, even though I specified I wanted mine back.  Well, guess I'll tear into the power valve.  This will be my first time to mess with the power valve.

Either way, I'd tear into it.  It's simple.  Just follow the service manual.  Make sure its all oiled well. 

A loss in bottom end and a different sound  is a tell-tale sign of a stuck power valve. 

Someone else may have some suggestions.  But I would check this first. 

+1 for checking the power valve assembly function. Just went through this myself. Blue loctite is your friend for the screws in the assembly.

Please let us know when you discover the problem.

I finally got time to pull it apart.  I see something that looks like it may have sheared off (see pics), but I'm not sure if it's part of the modification that was done for the EG295 kit.  What is it that typically breaks off?

20141025_150305_zpsd7iqjhfs.jpg

20141025_150235_zpstnboaqb0.jpg

20141025_150215_zpsmx5bchqu.jpg

That piece is exactly what typically breaks off. Just remove the broken piece and continue to ride. It is not needed.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction on this.  Just finally found the piece lodged on the powervalve and had to play operation to extract it, LOL.  I am struggling to find any function for this part at all, but how the hell did it break?  Very odd.  So, no ill effects from leaving it out?

20141025_162239_zpspcup3kkv.jpg

Thats it.  If I had to guess, that little piece that rests on the nub helps to hold the main valve completely closed.  Thats what I thought when I tore mine apart and got to looking at it.  And, I may be way off......it could help prevent pinching a tube on the track.....or from pulling all your tear offs at once......

Does anyone know for sure?

Edit: Everything that I have read suggests it runs perfectly fine without it, as yzrider stated.

Edited by frettie

Cool, I guess it's getting tossed.  

You will not miss it.