Sign in to follow this  

I rode the 15 crf 450 today

Guys, I got to ride my friends brand new crf today in open practice. 15 minute session. I didn't set sag or anything, and he is a lighter by 20 lbs and a lot faster (A rider), but I went out anyway. The CRF is sweet, and although over the last few years it has been on the low end hp wise, the bike feels stronger than my zook out of the corners. The power is there in the bottom range, would love to see a hp curve. It's a sweet ride. The air forks were really nice too, plush over anything small, I didn't hit any big jumps as it wasn't my bike and I didn't want to push it. I was surprised how comfortable I was with it right away and it really has me thinking about going red for my next ride.

• Like 3

The 15 CRF is nice, really nice... but you have to go throw a leg over a 15 RMZ  before you make a decision. I cannot believe how good that bike was. The simple changes made all the difference in the world and the forks are outstanding!!! The motor is better, the frame feels more forgiving and the suspension is really good.

The YZF was REALLY good as well. Possibly even my favorite. It handles well, is well balanced and has a monster motor. 

Still not a fan of the Kawi though. It still "feels" like a tank. If they slimmed it down a little it would move up on my list. 

• Like 3

Someone talk me in to selling my 06 and get a 15.

Someone talk me in to selling my 06 and get a 15.

NO conversation needed... it is better in every imaginable way possible. LOL

Tell us more about the YZ....

What do you want to know? The Yz is a GREAT bike in every way. Very strong motor however it is also very forgiving because of the broad power. The suspension is, well it is the same SSS suspension which is still argued to be the best on the market. The thing just flat out hauls ass! I hoped on it and was immediately comfortable. 

If I am being honest... if I were to go buy a new bike today it would be the Yz. The RMZ is a very close second. 

• Like 1

What do you want to know? The Yz is a GREAT bike in every way. Very strong motor however it is also very forgiving because of the broad power. The suspension is, well it is the same SSS suspension which is still argued to be the best on the market. The thing just flat out hauls ass! I hoped on it and was immediately comfortable. 

If I am being honest... if I were to go buy a new bike today it would be the Yz. The RMZ is a very close second.

Brian you going to Crows Canyon for the KTM demos this weekend? Saw it on their Facebook page their open to the public this weekend and the KTM's demo weather permitting !

Brian you going to Crows Canyon for the KTM demos this weekend? Saw it on their Facebook page their open to the public this weekend and the KTM's demo weather permitting !

I had planned on it but unfortunately I have a wedding out of town.

I think the YZF fits taller guys like us the best, it's bigger feeling to me. Never ridden one, but every time I go into a dealer I sit on everything and make Braap noises because I can't help it lol.

CRF has a compact feeling when I rode it, ergos kinda like our bikes. To be honest, I just get excited to try out new bikes. When the time comes for me to lay down 8-9k, I'll most likely stick with yellow if many of my mods will transfer over. Kind of embarrassed to say it, but I have more into mods than the cost of my bike.

I think the YZF fits taller guys like us the best, it's bigger feeling to me. Never ridden one, but every time I go into a dealer I sit on everything and make Braap noises because I can't help it lol.

CRF has a compact feeling when I rode it, ergos kinda like our bikes. To be honest, I just get excited to try out new bikes. When the time comes for me to lay down 8-9k, I'll most likely stick with yellow if many of my mods will transfer over. Kind of embarrassed to say it, but I have more into mods than the cost of my bike.

I second that. It's nice that the bike hasn't changed so much that the aftermarket stuff you buy wouldn't transfer to the new bike! I've had radically changed bikes only to have to work through teething problems. Glad Suzuki just keeps polishing it's platform!

Since I have the 09, its nice that the looks haven't changed much since for the price of a plastic kit you can make the bike look current.

Now my 09 is cleaned up for selling, I went to have a look at the new bikes and it just seems odd that they essentially look the same, LOL.  i was actually a little bummed out.  They only had a 2014, but they did have a 2015 KXF with the anodized rims, fork coatings and all that it does look sweet.

Stupid I know.

that said, instead of the RMZ, I think the only thing I might get would be a KTM....it will be interesting to hear the OTD on a 2015 450SXF.

I am sure if next year they put black rims and new rad shrouds on the RMZ, MXA will complain the rim scratch and their boots hook on the shrouds.....

• Like 1

It's weird because cycra told me several months ago all new plastics were going on the rmz for 15. It doesn't matter, but an all new look is cool to see and I think the buyers deserve it.

Honestly, spend some time on a Katoom before you buy. They are nice bikes, and many swear by them, but I would never want one for mx. They have a totally diff feel, I like the 300 I have but if a new rm250 ever came out, it would be my off roader.

The best thing about the bike is the motor. It is strong from bottom to top. It comes on early and just keeps going. You can ride the bike any way you like in stock form. It works for the guy that prefers to lug the bike, and then you could put a guy with his pro card on the bike and he can bounce the thing off the rev limiter all day long and it will pull just as strong. Every other bike that I have ridden would need a mod motor or an extreme map makeover. Maybe even a combination of the two. All the ergo's are fairly similar IMO. The Honda def feels slightly slimmer though. However with the improved motor the Honda feels like a totally different bike. I was actually really impressed with the 15 even though I didn't like the 14. 

Oh and don't feel bad about the money going into mods. I am right there with you although all that Ti you have probably gives you a nice edge. I would do the same thing with a brand new and better bike. It is a horrible disease! 

I got off my 12 last night after clicking my shock one softer and railing the best I have all year....I'm afraid to buy a new bike haha!

• Like 2

Lol I'm not afraid. I just have no legit reason to buy a new bike other than "want". A 15 won't make me any faster than my 12 does.

• Like 1

Guys, I got to ride my friends brand new crf today in open practice. 15 minute session. I didn't set sag or anything, and he is a lighter by 20 lbs and a lot faster (A rider), but I went out anyway. The CRF is sweet, and although over the last few years it has been on the low end hp wise, the bike feels stronger than my zook out of the corners. The power is there in the bottom range, would love to see a hp curve. It's a sweet ride. The air forks were really nice too, plush over anything small, I didn't hit any big jumps as it wasn't my bike and I didn't want to push it. I was surprised how comfortable I was with it right away and it really has me thinking about going red for my next ride.

if you switch brands, bdubb and I are gonna leave a brown bag special at your door step lol

if you switch brands, bdubb and I are gonna leave a brown bag special at your door step lol

If he switches brands I am hoping that he leaves a brown bag full of trick RMZ parts at my doorstep. 

• Like 1