Pw50 won't stop!

I bought my daughter a pw50, it had some issues to begin with, leaky carb, bad condition throttle cable and wouldn't just idle, always wanted to go.

So I rebuilt the carb, but it still leaked, and then discovered a new carb was basically just as much as the rebuild kit.

So, I ended up buying a new carb, new throttle cable and a 60cc engine kit (the old cylinder was in terrible shape).

The carb stopped leaking but the bike still won't just idle, it's like its always in gear and just wants to go.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Does it have the start/run/off switch still? If yes, it sounds like it's probably gotten wet and ceased to function. If no, here's a TT thread link talking a little about that.. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/859997-pw50-question-about-statrrunoff-switch/

Hey mate, thanks for the reply, it does have the start/run/off switch, i have it unplugged so it will start on both start and run, but it does switch it off when i hit "off", so the switch still works at least in that area.

i will plug it back together again and see if that helps anything.

Anything else it could be?

Just wondering if anyone has anymore thoughts on this?

Cheers

The idle isn't turned up to much causing the clutches to start to engage is it? I would turn it down and see if it helps..

I played with the idle for a while, and whether i moved it in or out, all te way both ways, nothing seemed to change, the high idle was consistent throughout.

I sprayed some wd40 around the engine to see if there were any air leaks and the wd40 didn't affect anything either.

This is killing me, i just cant seem to figure this one out.

Any other thoughts?

I played with the idle for a while, and whether i moved it in or out, all te way both ways, nothing seemed to change, the high idle was consistent throughout.

I sprayed some wd40 around the engine to see if there were any air leaks and the wd40 didn't affect anything either.

This is killing me, i just cant seem to figure this one out.

Any other thoughts?

use starting fluid to detect air leak not wd40.

Check the throttle cable routing, make certain you have enough slack in the cable, and make sure the carb slide is installed correctly.

Sounds like the cable slack might be adjusted too tight. Back off the cable adjustment and see if it helps.