Suspension Tuners san jose Bay Area?

California

I need my dirt bike lowered and tuned. Any good tuners?

So, I've recently heard of Hlebo Bros. Good dudes?

Any others? 

Southern ca is the Mecca of dirt biking,so naturally we have the best suspension tuner-travis@

http://www.tbtracing.com/

Ship it in a gun case :thumbsup:

Hlebo is the best in southbay. Sometimes difficult to get a hold of until end of dirt track season as he takes care of a handful of pro guys.

He has worked on my bikes for years. Lowered my KTM for me.

Hlebo is the best in southbay. Sometimes difficult to get a hold of until end of dirt track season as he takes care of a handful of pro guys.

He has worked on my bikes for years. Lowered my KTM for me.

How much did it lower the bike? What did he do exactly? I may get an FE 250 or KTM 250 XCF-W, which I'll need dropped almost 2" to make it more comfortable and safe for my short 29" inseam. 

If you can afford the best....

https://superplushsuspension.com/

:thumbsup:

This place would be about $550 to revalve and lower the front and rear, not including springs. Looks to be about the going rate.  Are they really THAT much better than others? Tuning becomes a subjective seat-of-the-pants feel for real world performance, basically. 

Edited by heavenstrails

Southern ca is the Mecca of dirt biking,so naturally we have the best suspension tuner-travis@

http://www.tbtracing.com/

Ship it in a gun case :thumbsup:

Lists as $400 for revalve. I wonder if thats both fork and shock. Do they lower as well?

So, I've recently heard of Hlebo Bros. Good dudes?

Any others? 

yes, John is great.  friendly fast service with fair prices.

How much did it lower the bike? What did he do exactly? I may get an FE 250 or KTM 250 XCF-W, which I'll need dropped almost 2" to make it more comfortable and safe for my short 29" inseam. 

2" is a lot of drop. John lowered my 09 EXC maybe an inch or so. We installed an X bushing in t lower pivot of the shock and got maybe 5/8" or so then John shortened the shock a bit. We pushed the forks up in the clamps and I picked up a KTM low seat. I have a 29" inseam and it works just fine. In fact it corners better being lower.

2" is a lot of drop. John lowered my 09 EXC maybe an inch or so. We installed an X bushing in t lower pivot of the shock and got maybe 5/8" or so then John shortened the shock a bit. We pushed the forks up in the clamps and I picked up a KTM low seat. I have a 29" inseam and it works just fine. In fact it corners better being lower.

This along with a shaved seat would give me the height I need.  Then overtime the bike will sag more....or I will.  Ha.

Just updating here.  I had Blonix in San Jose lower my shock and forks.  Fast turn around and great prices.  It's just a lowering so pretty easy work. I dont need a revalve yet. They didn't charge me extra for modifying the fork springs (cutting and re-edging) like most of the other shops wanted. When I do need a revalve, I'll be visiting them again.

They also do engine work for many local racers.  Good, easy going dudes.  Thanks, Blonix. 

Tried calling Hlebro bro in San Jose without any success, numerous voice mails and unanswered calls, thinking of calling Alex at trackside, anyone have any feedback, or any other suggestions?

M1 GRand ...  i had the same issues with Hlebro Bro in SJ .. from what iv found i dont think that shop is open any longer due to health reasons ... I was able to however find the other Hlebro Brother who is still doing great work in the pen ...  I called this morning left a VM and he called me back this afternoon ... quoted me $450 ish for a full custom re valve and rebuild of my damper ICS seals (no springs) ... loved that he went thru full scope of where i ride how i ride and what im looking for .. he definitely knows what he is doing ...  I haven't pulled the trigger yet tho as I am also looking at 707 Racing Suspension in Rhonert Park .. 707's website quotes full re-valve at $180!!  and from what iv read this guy is doing great things too. 

John Hlebro - 40-209-8297  

707 Racing Suspensiojn - http://www.707suspension.com/services/ 

Once i talk to 707 tomorrow ill decide who im going with .. drive to 707 will suck but if it really saves $250-300 bucks im in!!! 

Ya, I tried calling John at Hlebro, no answer, I did get in touch with Steve his brother, who gave me a quote.

He has a full time job at some shop, can't remember which though and is doing this part time out of his house.

Not sure how I feel about at home shops as I have never used them before. Alex at Trackside I believe works from his house also.

Being a C rider I am not even sure I will tell the difference between a top tuner and an average tuner. I am basically just looking for a good local place with good folks.

Once i talk to 707 tomorrow ill decide who im going with .. drive to 707 will suck but if it really saves $250-300 bucks im in!!!

Who did you decide to go with?

Any other folks wanna chime in about Bay Area tuners?

Very satisfied with a recent tune from Smart performance in Los Gatos. I told Dave what I was using the bike for, 03 CR250R trail riding. He took his time to discuss what I liked and didn't with the current tune in detail. :thumbsup:

I ended up going with SMART performance as well .. he currently has my forks and shock ... After calling around to a bunch of places/people .. I felt that Dave had a different approach to how he looks at the suspension .. he is very methodical with every aspect of the forks and the whole cause and effect thing ... Everything should be ready tomorrow .. can't wait to try them out!! I'm also taking him my wife's forks from her 150f .. she was having serious issues with the forks being super spungy and diving horribly every time she hit the brakes .. Dave did a full "interview" of her ridding style and skills and actually told me to keep it cheap and just do springs and he would make a custom oil to fix the problem so I could save some cash ... Hard to find a mechanic that is that honest

I ended up going with SMART performance as well .. he currently has my forks and shock ... After calling around to a bunch of places/people .. I felt that Dave had a different approach to how he looks at the suspension .. he is very methodical with every aspect of the forks and the whole cause and effect thing ... Everything should be ready tomorrow .. can't wait to try them out!! I'm also taking him my wife's forks from her 150f .. she was having serious issues with the forks being super spungy and diving horribly every time she hit the brakes .. Dave did a full "interview" of her ridding style and skills and actually told me to keep it cheap and just do springs and he would make a custom oil to fix the problem so I could save some cash ... Hard to find a mechanic that is that honest

Update - Got everything back from Dave @ SMART Performance on Friday ..  haven't taken the bike out yet, but just sitting on the bike i can feel a difference.  Dave did the full "Del Taco" to my forks and a complete re-valve/rebuild of my shock ..  He truly approaches things in a very scientific Rider manor ..  CANT wait to take the bike out!!!! I already plan on having him do my other bike well!!! (once i convince the wife why i need another one done up)   - will update once more once i take the bike out