dirt bike wont shift too 2nd,3rd, or 4th gear

I'm stressing out, idk what to do no more. I stripped my old gear shift lever & went and bought a new one but now it only shifts from 1st to neutral, what did I do wrong ? It won't shift past neutral ...

2006 loncin 110cc

2006 loncin 110cc

I think this might be your problem

Lol bro I get what u mean, but its the the only bike I have that fits in my place.

Any suggestions though?

Lol bro I get what u mean, but its the the only bike I have that fits in my place.

Any suggestions though?

You may as well find a new bike.. Transmission trouble is a lot of time and trouble in a name brand bike... Considering yours is Chinese and unheard of, parts will be ridiculously hard to come by..

Is your lever hitting the case and preventing it from shifting up?

No it's not, an the bike says its designed in japan

That's because a lot of the Chinese junkers are "borrowed" ideas from the Japanese manufacturers.  

I'm stressing out, idk what to do no more. I stripped my old gear shift lever & went and bought a new one but now it only shifts from 1st to neutral, what did I do wrong ? It won't shift past neutral ...

2006 loncin 110cc

I think the transmissions in those things are cardboard.. With foam pistons

Hi,

This may be your problem: the shift drum may be loose, it's a very rare problem but easy to fix. Firstly you have to take off your flywheel cover, then there will be a little black cap that needs to be taken off, under the cap is a bolt, tighten it up.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412714042.556517.jpg

I hope this helps you out.

Cheers

to all you posters, I'm glad to see ONE of you actually is trying to contribute instead just badmouth Chinese bikes. With all the crap people say on the forums it is only harder to find real answers to our problems.

to all you posters, I'm glad to see ONE of you actually is trying to contribute instead just badmouth Chinese bikes. With all the crap people say on the forums it is only harder to find real answers to our problems.

Huh? TT is great for Chinese bike advice. As long as a post is in the Chinese or pit bike section, the mods here don't tolerate anyone stirring up trouble. There's places on this sight where trolling is acceptable, here isn't one of them.

Sorry Spence, I didn't intent to sound negative, I'm trying to find a solution for my buddy's bike with a shifting problem, there is just so many people saying things like "the problem is its made in china" instead of " oh, I had that problem, here is how to fix it"... it just gets frustrating reading through a couple hundred threads of poor opinions instead of real answers...

Sorry Spence, I didn't intent to sound negative, I'm trying to find a solution for my buddy's bike with a shifting problem, there is just so many people saying things like "the problem is its made in china" instead of " oh, I had that problem, here is how to fix it"... it just gets frustrating reading through a couple hundred threads of poor opinions instead of real answers...

That's fair enough. I don't know your specific issue, but 9/10 Times the answer is a bent shift fork. I don't own any Chinese bikes right now, but have bought, owned and sold many and don't care what you ride as long as you ride. If people come here just to start trouble, the mods usually cut you a fair bit of slack for running those jerks out of this section, so don't tolerate any shit here. If you think you can run them off, go for it or report them to the mods.