Sign in to follow this  

need help with my carb kx250

I have a 98 kx250 and it boggs like crazy, i have to ride it half choke or it runs like crap. Just bogs like crazy. I have looked for a rebuild kit but can't find one. If anyone knows a site that i can get a kit from lmk. Thanks

Is this on a bike that used to run properly and all of a sudden has changed or a craigslist beater that was purchased in its current shape?

you better watch it man, I bought my bike on Craig's list and probably saved hundreds/thousands on my bike lol....

Is this on a bike that used to run properly and all of a sudden has changed or a craigslist beater that was purchased in its current shape?

Ran properly, just rebuilt and has been very well maintained

you better watch it man, I bought my bike on Craig's list and probably saved hundreds/thousands on my bike lol....

I have been watching it, and in this forum, for YEARS. More and more craigslist beaters are bought and the owners come in here crying like a bitch because their $500 bike doesn't run perfectly / all Kawasakis are junk / etc. This is not the case here, but very little background information was given.

To the OP, try cleaning the carburetor.

no1clyde, good to see you back.

KDX I haven't left just not around as much lately. I have a been off road car driving, building and pitting for on race day lately. I will email you some pics of my latest project.

Ed

I have been watching it, and in this forum, for YEARS. More and more craigslist beaters are bought and the owners come in here crying like a bitch because their $500 bike doesn't run perfectly / all Kawasakis are junk / etc. This is not the case here, but very little background information was given.

To the OP, try cleaning the carburetor.

I guess you get what you pay for