need help with my carb kx250

I have a 98 kx250 and it boggs like crazy, i have to ride it half choke or it runs like crap. Just bogs like crazy. I have looked for a rebuild kit but can't find one. If anyone knows a site that i can get a kit from lmk. Thanks

Just clean it.  Pull the reed block while it's apart.

If you have to keep the choke on, then you are too lean

If you have to keep the choke on, then you are too lean

Does the bogging occur in the low end of the rpms, mid-range, or at higher rpms?

Does the bogging occur in the low end of the rpms, mid-range, or at higher rpms?

Low

Have you tried easy things like turning your air screw in?  How clean is the air filter?  Replaced the pilot jet?

Is this on a bike that used to run properly and all of a sudden has changed or a craigslist beater that was purchased in its current shape?

Is this on a bike that used to run properly and all of a sudden has changed or a craigslist beater that was purchased in its current shape?

you better watch it man, I bought my bike on Craig's list and probably saved hundreds/thousands on my bike lol....

Ran properly, just rebuilt and has been very well maintained

Ran properly, just rebuilt and has been very well maintained

go to factory settings

check for a stuck power valve.

Will do, thanks everyone for the opinions.

Sounds like a plugged pilot jet to me.

Ed

you better watch it man, I bought my bike on Craig's list and probably saved hundreds/thousands on my bike lol....

I have been watching it, and in this forum, for YEARS. More and more craigslist beaters are bought and the owners come in here crying like a bitch because their $500 bike doesn't run perfectly / all Kawasakis are junk / etc. This is not the case here, but very little background information was given.

To the OP, try cleaning the carburetor.

no1clyde, good to see you back.

KDX I haven't left just not around as much lately. I have a been off road car driving, building and pitting for on race day lately. I will email you some pics of my latest project.

Ed

I have been watching it, and in this forum, for YEARS. More and more craigslist beaters are bought and the owners come in here crying like a bitch because their $500 bike doesn't run perfectly / all Kawasakis are junk / etc. This is not the case here, but very little background information was given.

To the OP, try cleaning the carburetor.

I guess you get what you pay for