Leatt Fusion Adult?

I noticed the TT banner, but Im not seeing the Adult Leatt Fusion for sale online yet, thought I'd check in to see if anyone has one?

I noticed the TT banner, but Im not seeing the Adult Leatt Fusion for sale online yet, thought I'd check in to see if anyone has one?

Same here, clicked on the banner and nothin? That thing is gonna be awesome when it comes out though.

Did a pre-order direct from Leatt and received one last week.  Rode with it for the first time this weekend.  Replacing a 661 Vapor Pressure suit.  Used some Troy Lee Design elbow/forearm soft guards until I can pick up something a bit burlier as I fall a lot (new rider).

I have modified a small 2 liter camelback to work by attaching it to the pack.  So now I have an integrated vest, neck protection, and hydration in one setup.

Riding in Phoenix at close to 70F temps.  Boulders OHV area if anyone knows the place.  Single track, ridge riding, wash riding, whoops, and some GNCC type race track.

At first I kept noticing the bands around the bi-cept as I don't normally have bands there.  After all of about 20 minutes I forgot it was on until I took a rock filled roost to the chest face.  Quite glad everything worked as intended.  No issues with repeated whoops, descents, climbs.  Everything stayed settled and moved with the body.  Fortunately didn't have to test it beyond roost protection, though I am sure I will before the months out.

I run a hip pack with tools/spares, and no issues with anything pushing up, riding funny, rotating backwards (as expected with the bladder attached to the back frame).

There is some rib protection.  I have inspected the Troy Lee vest with rib protection, Alpinestar A8, and it appears to offer similar protection.  Slightly less than the Leatt 5.5HD in the rib area.

My helmet vents like shit and sweat was pouring out by the end of a few hours.  Same thing with my knee protection.  I had no real issues with sweat buildup under the Fusion, even in the area that normally gets wet due to a water bladder as it is outside the shell.  With the 661 Pressure Suit I am normally drenched even in upper 60/low 70F temps.

Won't know about the real heat until Summer but went with white to try to offset as much solar gain as possible.

Its a pricey vest for sure at $400 shipped.  Since it has the integrated neck protection, given the price those and a good vest with rib protection would go for I thought it was a good deal.  I have heard issues with neck braces bruising the back or chest in a heavy crash and like the idea of the entire front and back plate dispersing that load should I actually have to use the neck brace.  That and not having to dork around with the straps tying vest/neck brace/hydration together is what sold me on it.  Now that I have them setup with all one piece I don't think I can go back.

I'll see if I can scrape together a pic showing the setup and add in in here somewhere.

Cheers for the update I.donno.who

I am also very interested in this product. I have tried a fox pressure suit and a leat adventure vest but they drive me nuts. Even the Leatt adventure vest that is designed to be used with a neck brace felt really bulky and pushed my neck brace up uncomfortably. I wish there was some where nearby where I could try on this product to see if I like it before I waste any more money.

Did a pre-order direct from Leatt and received one last week.  Rode with it for the first time this weekend.  Replacing a 661 Vapor Pressure suit.  Used some Troy Lee Design elbow/forearm soft guards until I can pick up something a bit burlier as I fall a lot (new rider).

I have modified a small 2 liter camelback to work by attaching it to the pack.  So now I have an integrated vest, neck protection, and hydration in one setup.

Riding in Phoenix at close to 70F temps.  Boulders OHV area if anyone knows the place.  Single track, ridge riding, wash riding, whoops, and some GNCC type race track.

At first I kept noticing the bands around the bi-cept as I don't normally have bands there.  After all of about 20 minutes I forgot it was on until I took a rock filled roost to the chest face.  Quite glad everything worked as intended.  No issues with repeated whoops, descents, climbs.  Everything stayed settled and moved with the body.  Fortunately didn't have to test it beyond roost protection, though I am sure I will before the months out.

I run a hip pack with tools/spares, and no issues with anything pushing up, riding funny, rotating backwards (as expected with the bladder attached to the back frame).

There is some rib protection.  I have inspected the Troy Lee vest with rib protection, Alpinestar A8, and it appears to offer similar protection.  Slightly less than the Leatt 5.5HD in the rib area.

My helmet vents like shit and sweat was pouring out by the end of a few hours.  Same thing with my knee protection.  I had no real issues with sweat buildup under the Fusion, even in the area that normally gets wet due to a water bladder as it is outside the shell.  With the 661 Pressure Suit I am normally drenched even in upper 60/low 70F temps.

Won't know about the real heat until Summer but went with white to try to offset as much solar gain as possible.

Its a pricey vest for sure at $400 shipped.  Since it has the integrated neck protection, given the price those and a good vest with rib protection would go for I thought it was a good deal.  I have heard issues with neck braces bruising the back or chest in a heavy crash and like the idea of the entire front and back plate dispersing that load should I actually have to use the neck brace.  That and not having to dork around with the straps tying vest/neck brace/hydration together is what sold me on it.  Now that I have them setup with all one piece I don't think I can go back.

I'll see if I can scrape together a pic showing the setup and add in in here somewhere.

Thanks for the review! Also wondering if the neck brace is about the same height as the normal leatt brace? 

I can't tell objectively as I have not worn a neck brace from any manufacturer before.  I don't have a side shot, but perhaps can source one later.  Here is something from the manual they may or may not prove useful for your question though.

IMG_1442.jpg

I can't tell objectively as I have not worn a neck brace from any manufacturer before.  I don't have a side shot, but perhaps can source one later.  Here is something from the manual they may or may not prove useful for your question though.

attachicon.gifIMG_1442.jpg

thanks, thats a good chart!