Sold the 250L

I had my little Honda for just over a year.  It was fun to get back into riding with the bike, and to mod it with FMF, EJK, sprockets, etc.  However, 20 hp just wasn't cutting it for me, especially on my highway commute to work.  I spent the last several months trying to find a bike that would suit my needs better.  I looked at street bikes, but I just couldn't give up the idea of going offroad.  I finally decided on a Husqvarna TR650.  It's 650cc single with 58hp, Brembo brakes, dual stainless exhaust, EFI, electric start, etc.  It's about 410 lbs, but the gas tank is under the seat and really doesn't feel that much heavier that the CRF. 

I stripped 95% of the mods from the CRF before trading it in.  Most of them are sold already, but I do have a few things up in the classifieds here.

Shade.jpg

Valve_cover.jpg

Brembo.jpg

• Like 6

I had my little Honda for just over a year. It was fun to get back into riding with the bike, and to mod it with FMF, EJK, sprockets, etc. However, 20 hp just wasn't cutting it for me, especially on my highway commute to work. I spent the last several months trying to find a bike that would suit my needs better. I looked at street bikes, but I just couldn't give up the idea of going offroad. I finally decided on a Husqvarna TR650. It's 650cc single with 58hp, Brembo brakes, dual stainless exhaust, EFI, electric start, etc. It's about 410 lbs, but the gas tank is under the seat and really doesn't feel that much heavier that the CRF.

I stripped 95% of the mods from the CRF before trading it in. Most of them are sold already, but I do have a few things up in the classifieds here.

I've seen those for sale in my area on CL. How does it handle off road?

I've seen those for sale in my area on CL. How does it handle off road?

I'll have to get back to you on that.  I've only ridden on road so far.  I suspect that it will need a sprocket change as it is definitely geared toward the street right now.

I'm just getting into street riding and the 250L has been great for me.

When/if I get ready for more power, I was looking at the Dual Sport bikes by KTM. They have a 350 and a 500. Not cheap. I think the 350 is about 10k and the 500 around 12k. Definitely more dirt oriented then street though.

My bike is brand new.  $5999 plus fees.  It's a lot of bike for the money.  Kind of like the CRF250L.  ?

Those KTMs are race dirt bikes with a plate.  They're very high maintenance and not all that great on the street.  Plus, as you mentioned, they're ten grand!