Quality of ebay top end kits for 2000 Suzuki jr50

Hi All-

I'm new to the forum and recently picked up a 2000 JR50 for my 4 y/o son.  The bike has not run in a couple years and the guy I bought it from told me it needed a "new top end".  Overall the little bike is in good shape and complete.  I plan to take the bike completely apart and clean, lube, replace or rebuild anything that is in question.  If it is determined the top end is bad, what can I expect from the $89 top-end kit on ebay?  I appreciate hearing anyone's experience with this parts kit.

Thanks!

Hi All-

I'm new to the forum and recently picked up a 2000 JR50 for my 4 y/o son.  The bike has not run in a couple years and the guy I bought it from told me it needed a "new top end".  Overall the little bike is in good shape and complete.  I plan to take the bike completely apart and clean, lube, replace or rebuild anything that is in question.  If it is determined the top end is bad, what can I expect from the $89 top-end kit on ebay?  I appreciate hearing anyone's experience with this parts kit.

Thanks!

If the cylinder is good or can be bored to a slight over size you will not need the ebay kit that includes the cylinder.  You need to have your current cylinder mic'd to determine the next step.  Stock bore is 41mm and they make pistons up to 43mm in 1/2 mm steps.  That being said, the ebay complete kits are made in china and I've heard it is hit or miss.  It might seem faster to buy the complete ebay thingy, but you get what you pay for in most cases.