First Trials Ride!

I picked up a 1999 TX270.  It's in awesome shape and I've already started working on my balance (still have a long way to go). 

About the only thing I am thinking I need to do is the tires.  They seem to be in excellent condition, however they also seem to be really hard.  The previous owner did not ride it much, so they may be some really old rubber and hard because of that.  Dunno that it matters currently tho.  I probably can't tell the difference between a stellar set of tires and an old clapped out set.  Either way, the bike still hooks up and goes!

Either way, I'm stoked and have been having a blast on it already!

IMAG04271.jpg

IMAG04261.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats!

I would order the Michelin comps and be assured you are getting the most.

Bike looks nice. One on the clutch and one on the brake.

Thanks, the gentelman the bike is really in great condition.  Got it started on the second kick..  And then proceeded to burn my leg on the header pipe (shorts are a bad idea). 

I'm thinking that one of those carbon fiber header pipe guards will be installed int he near future...

Just a heads up on the carbon fiber pipe guard, the rivets that hold the clamp in position will still give you a good burn. 

• Like 1

Question on the rear tire.  It's tube type correct?  I'm at work and do not have the bike here to order a new tire.  

Thanks!

Read the label on the current tire to see if it is tubeless, most current Trials bikes have tubeless rear rims to suit the newer tubeless  Trials tires. You can run a tube in a tubeless tire to suit a tube rim. 

The newer radial ply tubeless Trials tires have much more traction than the bias ply versions.  The clue is the 4.00R18 size; like car tires the R indicates radial ply construction.

Edited by Chuck.

So my plastic has seen better days, is it possible to retrofit later plastic on it or locate new older plastic?  I've hit multiple dead ends on this and my rear fender is about to go BuhBye..

So my plastic has seen better days, is it possible to retrofit later plastic on it or locate new older plastic?  I've hit multiple dead ends on this and my rear fender is about to go BuhBye..

Did you call Jim Snell / Rising Sun Imports and see if they had what you needed?