Sign in to follow this  

So i need some opinions on a crf150r

So i am looking to get a crf150r. I am 6'1 180 pounds and 16 years old. I was curious to know how it'd hold up to me, How fast it'd go, And what mods i could do to make it faster and have more power. I have about $3000 to spend on the bike.. And $1500 on mods. Thanks

You are way too big at 6'1".

And too heavy.

It's a kid's / youth's bike. You are a full grown man.

Edited by ferguscawley

I you read through these threads, you'll find that there are quite a few big guys riding the CRF150RB for fun. But they—and I am one of them—are mostly mature men who understand exactly what the bike is all about for them. It's light and fast without having to do anything to it except to make it fit.

Making it come even close to fitting you will be the biggest problem you will face. You won't be racing it, at least not competitively—you're just too heavy to compete with someone who is as skilled as you and weighs 60 pounds less—but the suspension will still be too soft for your weight. So you'll need springs, front and back and a revalve if you want to do it right. Also figure on bar risers like those from RSW, for pegs that are lower and farther back (though not by very much), for taller bars with less pullback, and for a taller seat. 

You'll also want to put some money aside for the frequent maintenance that the bike requires. You can't run it the same way you could run an XR100 and get away with it. If you run the snot out of it without following the maintenance tables it will blow up on you sooner than later.

Yz250f. Good bike. Or if you want a little more power and have a less maintenance bike a yz250 2 stroke.

+1 on the two-smoker (YZ is not the only choice, and 250 is not the only size). Lots of bike for the buck, less maintenance (except jetting), and faster than the CRF.

So i am looking to get a crf150r. I am 6'1 180 pounds and 16 years old. I was curious to know how it'd hold up to me, How fast it'd go, And what mods i could do to make it faster and have more power. I have about $3000 to spend on the bike.. And $1500 on mods. Thanks

how bout u try a full size mx bike not youth mx bike and if you dont want some extreme power get a 125 like a yz 125 or cr 125

go full size bike I had one and loved it but I was barely 5 5" and 120 at the time

You need a full-sized bike. At 5'6"/155lb, I am too big for a 150rb. Sure is a fun bike to mess around on though.

You may want to reconsider a YZf over a CRF250... YZf valvetrain is much better in respect to reliability

Edited by mjruopp