02-03 oversize tank on a 97 Yz 250

This may be a shot in the dark but I stumbled upon a 97 Yz 250 for a steal (it needs work) regardless it's still a steal. But on my current 03 Yz 125 I have an oversize tank meant for a Yz 250. So to the point. Does anyone have an idea if the tank mounts are the same on the older frames as the newer ones? I know the plastics are different and everything I don't mind that. I'm just wondering if anyone has this knowledge that would be awesome!

The mouting spots on the tank are different but aluminum brackets can be made to adapt the tank to the older frame. If you search around someone already retro fitted a newer style yz 125 tank to a steel framed yz 125. I am fairly certain both 125 and 250 tsnks are the same shape and dimensions.

Okay cool thank you very much! I can't believe I haven't thought of that. I also wanted to thank you for all the help you've given me on my bike. It is very much appreciated

Okay cool thank you very much! I can't believe I haven't thought of that. I also wanted to thank you for all the help you've given me on my bike. It is very much appreciated

Not a problem mate