Sign in to follow this  

1995 Yamaha wr250 questions

Wanting to do some body swap anyone no 100 percent of yz250 plastics swap rite over ? Also gas tank and seat options what years swap, doing a supermoto build on my wr swapped on some 01 forks and super moto rims tires and front brake so far next will be motor

Anyone have any good mods for these motors ? These bikes where popular when I was to young to ride them haha so hopefully some of you more aged gentlemen can offer some hidden tricks I have heard of a gytr long rod does wonders but not positive about that one

93-94 yz body panels match the 94-97 wr. Some parts from the 95-97 yz will work but not all.

As far as the engine is concerned, not much is needed. The 4jx cylinder makes fantastic power. I have a fatty, carbon fiber reeds, and an 11 ounce flywheel weight on my 97 wr250. I can out run 450s in the open all day long.

I have a long rod kit in a 94 yz engine. They are legendary. It is well worth the time and money IF you can find one. You'll need the longer rod, power valve linkage, linkage cover, and spacer for the cylinder.

Appreciate the reply so it will be difficult to find these long rod kits I take it I guess two stroke really are dieing. Unless your doing a cr500 haha ya I don't no about beating any 450 but it's a fun bike I'm the only two stroke in my group I get beat all day by the four strokes haha

Appreciate the reply so it will be difficult to find these long rod kits I take it I guess two stroke really are dieing. Unless your doing a cr500 haha ya I don't no about beating any 450 but it's a fun bike I'm the only two stroke in my group I get beat all day by the four strokes haha

The long rod kits are very hard to find, but can be made from other parts. You can use a rod from an 89 yz250, but will still need to machine the spacer plate, extend the power valve linkage, and somehow make a cover longer.

I can't beat 450s in general, I just meant in the open straights. The 5th gear in the wr250 is insane, and the engine has the power to push it.