Sign in to follow this  

Vintage twin shocks

I have a pair of Progressive suspension shocks on the rear of my 1979 XL500 and I want to upgrade the suspension for off-road use.

Are the WORKS performance shocks that much better then the Progressive suspension shocks ?

Are the WORKS performance shocks reliable ?

Are there any other options for twin shocks ?

I have a pair of Progressive suspension shocks on the rear of my 1979 XL500 and I want to upgrade the suspension for off-road use.

Are the WORKS performance shocks that much better then the Progressive suspension shocks ?

Are the WORKS performance shocks reliable ?

Are there any other options for twin shocks ?

You can't do better than Works. Progressive is like a bottom level Monroe car shock. Works is comparable to a Bilstein. Very very exceptional quality. Even better it will be built to your exact needs. Do it!

Edited by YHGEORGE

• Works Performance are the best I've used for my 1974 CZ 250.  I also tried Ohlins, and they were awful.  After months of trying to get help from Vintage Ohlins to correct the super stiff nature of their shocks, I was informed that Ohlins doesn't actually make a "vintage" shock.  I asked what the name of his company was.  He had to admit it was Vintage Ohlins. :banghead:   On the other hand.  I've had a few pair of Works Performance shocks, and they worked much better.  When I had a small complaint, they asked me to send them back for revalving to better suit my needs.  They returned them free of charge and they were much improved.

With this level of support, selecting Works Performance is a great option.