Evart

Michigan

What shape is Evart in these days?  Thinking about riding on Friday....  

Well im sure its rocky...I would def suggest riding it before the leaves REALLY begin to fall....leaves can hide a lot of rocks haha.

That's the best time to ride it. That way you can ignore all the rocks and just go. =]

Yep; leaves + rocks = good time!  Just wondering if there are any trees down that would make it extra fun.  Looks like I might be going there next Friday.

Edited by kzoo

A bunch of us are headed up Thursday for a "Fall Color Tour". You're welcome to join us, or come Friday and see if we did an adequate job sweeping the trail  :ride:

We just rode Evarts for the first time last weekend and we loved it. Great mix of terrain.

Some short sections of bad whoops but overall - Great!!!! Can't wait to go back.

Jason

doing a weeknd up by mio if your interested in joining.  Getting there in late afternoon on Friday, lots of riding Saturday, morning ride sunday.

We just rode Evarts for the first time last weekend and we loved it. Great mix of terrain.

Some short sections of bad whoops but overall - Great!!!! Can't wait to go back.

That's what I wanted to hear...  Sometimes the whoops leading either way from the trail head can suck...  I ended up going to White Cloud due to time constraints...  Surprisingly the trail was in good condition...

Rode Evart Nov. 2nd. Whooped out, rocky. However, there are a lot of areas where riders are beginning to cut newer lanes to bypass the whooped out sections.

Evart is a beautiful trail.  I rode it for the first time this year and I'm glad I waited until I had a few years of expereince before trying it.

I like that most of it is under a nice canopy, however the areas where it's been clear cut show what happens to nice trails after the loggers get to it.  I plan on putting on my trail list for at least 3 times next year.

I've wondered what is most people's preference for riding Evart, clockwise or counter-clockwise?  I've only ridden it clockwise and thought it was pretty good that way.  There is a pretty big whoop section at the beginning if you start at the parking lot and go counter-clockwise. I hate starting a trail with a bunch of whoops, I'd rather just save them until the end and roll them after I'm tired out.  I always feel like I've accomplished something when I finish that trail.  Even let out some big "wooo hooo's" after getting bounced around making it up to the top of those steep, rocky, root laden hills there!

I think counter clock wise is easier

First time was counter clckwse, my moving time via gps was slower than the second time out and riding clckwse. 

Thinking about a winter ride soon..anyone been out?

Thinking about a winter ride soon..anyone been out?

The areas with no snow are Cedar Creek, Horseshoe Lake and Holton

Dennis