Evart

Yep; leaves + rocks = good time!  Just wondering if there are any trees down that would make it extra fun.  Looks like I might be going there next Friday.

Edited by kzoo

We just rode Evarts for the first time last weekend and we loved it. Great mix of terrain.

Some short sections of bad whoops but overall - Great!!!! Can't wait to go back.

That's what I wanted to hear...  Sometimes the whoops leading either way from the trail head can suck...  I ended up going to White Cloud due to time constraints...  Surprisingly the trail was in good condition...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Evart is a beautiful trail.  I rode it for the first time this year and I'm glad I waited until I had a few years of expereince before trying it.

I like that most of it is under a nice canopy, however the areas where it's been clear cut show what happens to nice trails after the loggers get to it.  I plan on putting on my trail list for at least 3 times next year.

I've wondered what is most people's preference for riding Evart, clockwise or counter-clockwise?  I've only ridden it clockwise and thought it was pretty good that way.  There is a pretty big whoop section at the beginning if you start at the parking lot and go counter-clockwise. I hate starting a trail with a bunch of whoops, I'd rather just save them until the end and roll them after I'm tired out.  I always feel like I've accomplished something when I finish that trail.  Even let out some big "wooo hooo's" after getting bounced around making it up to the top of those steep, rocky, root laden hills there!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...