Performance difference

I don't know.  Who do you think would know?... someone that rode a 14 and a 15 I would guess... but who has done that? Do you know anyone that has a 15' 480?

You read the  15 updates right? Why wouldn't you want to believe them?

I saw hoping there was someone that rode both that would give their opinion. There maybe 15 updates. But I would like to know real world info.

Edited by PB240

I saw hoping there was someone that rode both that would give their opinion. There maybe 15 updates. But I would like to know real world info.

I would like to know too but I think this is just very early.. but maybe you are right.. maybe there is someone that knows and I'm just a doubting Thomas.

Since they are in competition with the Orange stuff, marketing wise.

I expect the motor to have tons of mid/slightly upper range and a decent top end, Seemingly if they tuned it similar to to the new 430, should be a really fun machine. Total top end may really not be utilized by many of the average riders anyway.  

Beta is tuning for ride ability not max top end, so asking about faster, I'm guessing that would be who is riding them. 

Beta HAS and IS building bikes that "can" be ridden fast, you remember that comparison test between the Orange bike and the 520, the Beta was, if I remember correctly very very close to the Orange machine. 

More than likely this will be beast! But you want to wait, I'm sure it will be in print by March in those biased magazines...

The RR480 I rode in Italy felt faster than my 2012 RR498 but I may be wrong (should be since it has lost more than 7 kilos....).

I am sure though that this was a very fast dirt bike but very easy to ride (if you are careful enough with throttle's amount and speed of opening ? )

• Like 1

Here we go again Your claim  of 7kg  puts the wet weight at 255 lbs. Yet Chilli's number for the 430 states 270.  RR 2014 to RR 2015 is not fifteen pounds lighter no matter which planet your on .With all the bullshit around here maybe it's time for a visit over to KTM Talk. I usually respect you comments but this is pure pony loaf.

Here we go again Your claim  of 7kg  puts the wet weight at 255 lbs. Yet Chilli's number for the 430 states 270.  RR 2014 to RR 2015 is not fifteen pounds lighter no matter which planet your on .With all the bullshit around here maybe it's time for a visit over to KTM Talk. I usually respect you comments but this is pure pony loaf.

To be fair, he says he has a 2012 RR498. No more coffee for you.

• Like 1

And here you go again squawking about a few pounds! What bullshit around here? How do we know Chili's number is right? Are his scales calibrated? Come on dude, 15 lbs? 

• Like 1

And here you go again squawking about a few pounds! What bullshit around here? How do we know Chili's number is right? Are his scales calibrated? Come on dude, 15 lbs? 

This from a self admitted narcissistic squid who post up pics of himself flailing ,feet off pegs on a bunny hill. You go girl!

This from a self admitted narcissistic squid who post up pics of himself flailing ,feet off pegs on a bunny hill. You go girl!

Here we go with the name calling. That bunny hill was actually part of Malcom Smith trail.

You should head over to CA regional. You would feel right at home there Mr Widebear.

Wow what happened today? This isn't the normal you that I have remembered in other posts.. really you seem a bit more bothered for relatively nothing.. Maybe I missed something in another post somewhere else.. I can't talk though.. sometimes I get wound up over stuff sometimes.. funny like someone mentioned that coffee is usually in the mix.. for me the insomniac at least..   Like Cheech said to Chong said more than once.. " Relax ..here smoke a joint". With the drama that's been going on with me the last few months here at home.. I'm thinking that a joint might be a good thing. It's been over 30 yrs but I feel that I could use it right about now. Like my brother in law just told me yesterday.. &%$#@! it .. It's not worth it. No sense getting upset. It's just not worth it.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider