Fall Carolina Camping Dirt Bike adventure?

We are planning a fall trip within the next month and would like to get some suggestions for good places with some great trails.  We are all in the Charlotte area and not scared to drive a little.  We have been to a bunch of areas within 2 hours of here but looking to go somewhere new.  We figured the mountains might be a little cold this time of year but maybe towards the beach with some good camping and good trails for a few experienced dirt bikers that don't really care for really tight stuff but can tolerate it.

Let me know what you think and if you want to tag along.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I'm in raleigh and might tag along there's quite a few places within 3-4 hours. What are yall riding

Where were you thinking because we have no problem going that way.  Give me some links or names for me to check out.

Brown Mt. is still your best bet, good fart sack and you'll still work up a sweat on some good day time riding. Down towards the beach is to flat and sandy for me!

Brown was definitely an option and we could off road the trucks up the main trail which will be fun.  We were really hoping to go somewhere we haven't been before.

CAW trails are terrible but the whole place is a good place to go for a good variety.

TNT is more track oriented and Ive been there.

I was thinking Durahamtown as they are like a bigger version of CAW.

We love Brushy but just wanted to go somewhere different and no there are no truck trails just Side By Sides or smaller.

Edited by arcboy

There's not a lot of places east of you maybe Busco Beach (not a fan to many people and all two way trails) its by Goldsboro NC. there are a few places north in VA but most are only open on the weekends and weather permitting. I'm only able to get out once per month so i do most of my riding locally at Slades Park not the best place, would not drive more than the hour that i do to go there. you need to check out a web site called Riderplanet USA gives you a lot of places state by state. good luck in your search

There's not a lot of places east of you maybe Busco Beach (not a fan to many people and all two way trails) its by Goldsboro NC. there are a few places north in VA but most are only open on the weekends and weather permitting. I'm only able to get out once per month so i do most of my riding locally at Slades Park not the best place, would not drive more than the hour that i do to go there. you need to check out a web site called Riderplanet USA gives you a lot of places state by state. good luck in your search

Busco beach is not very good it is designed for 4x4 atvs with lots of deep mud. There is a place in laurenburg called outback that should also probably be avoided.

I think if you want to stay warm then you will need to go south maybe GA looks like they have some good places to ride, been looking at a place called Durhamtown Plantation Sportsman Park east of Atlanta maybe 150 miles of trials. the web site I talked about has a lot of places for GA. for me I do a lot of riding by myself, don't have a lot of friends that ride so i tend not to drive to far. if you come up to VA then i have been to Outdoorsman Park 60 Miles of trials rough camping on site nice park open wed-sun north of Martinsville then you have South pedlar trail 19 miles of two way trails, north of Lynchburg  camping close by but the trails close in late Nov. two other parks off of hwy 81 Spearhead trails and Virginia highlands horse trail there about 1/2 hr apart so you can ride two trials they both look good and i have heard good things about them just have not made it yet.  my last trip was to Boone and i rode  Brown and Brushy wanted to make it to some trials in TN maybe next year.

I think if you want to stay warm then you will need to go south maybe GA looks like they have some good places to ride, been looking at a place called Durhamtown Plantation Sportsman Park east of Atlanta maybe 150 miles of trials. the web site I talked about has a lot of places for GA. for me I do a lot of riding by myself, don't have a lot of friends that ride so i tend not to drive to far. if you come up to VA then i have been to Outdoorsman Park 60 Miles of trials rough camping on site nice park open wed-sun north of Martinsville then you have South pedlar trail 19 miles of two way trails, north of Lynchburg  camping close by but the trails close in late Nov. two other parks off of hwy 81 Spearhead trails and Virginia highlands horse trail there about 1/2 hr apart so you can ride two trials they both look good and i have heard good things about them just have not made it yet.  my last trip was to Boone and i rode  Brown and Brushy wanted to make it to some trials in TN maybe next year.

I've been to Durhamtown twice and I'll never go back,not a good place for motorcycles unless youlike to ride track.Very little single track and a lot of red clay.

I've been to Durhamtown twice and I'll never go back,not a good place for motorcycles unless youlike to ride track.Very little single track and a lot of red clay.

Isn't there a new durhamtown near Tennessee? Anyone tried that?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been in this forum for a while and was just reading your posts. Be aware of Busco Beach!! I just had to report my bike stolen in Goldsboro, NC - the town next to Busco Beach is one or the worst cities in the US. I think its ok in the winter time to ride your dirt bike at Busco because there were not to many atv the last two times I was there - water too cold in the mud holes. In the summer it sucks if the park is packed with atv or when they have their events - nothing for dirtbikes then.

Just stay out of Goldsboro if you want to take all your stuff back home with you: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nc/goldsboro/crime/

Haven't been in this forum for a while and was just reading your posts. Be aware of Busco Beach!! I just had to report my bike stolen in Goldsboro, NC - the town next to Busco Beach is one or the worst cities in the US. I think its ok in the winter time to ride your dirt bike at Busco because there were not to many atv the last two times I was there - water too cold in the mud holes. In the summer it sucks if the park is packed with atv or when they have their events - nothing for dirtbikes then.

Just stay out of Goldsboro if you want to take all your stuff back home with you: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nc/goldsboro/crime/

How did it get stolen? Out of the back of your truck?

How did it get stolen? Out of the back of your truck?

Yup, cut the steel cable on my truck in the middle of the Best Western Plus parking lot - and of course no security cams and a real motivated police department. Afterwards the hotel staff is real communicative how much gets stolen on a regular base.