Yoshimura with different header?

I've searched all over. Can't find any info on it. Just bought a 08 drz 400 sm and the guy had a yoshi slip on with the mid pipe. I'm trying to find a header that will fit the exhaust. I looked at yoshi and I can't find just the header that fits the pipe. I believe it's the rs 2...

Take whatever header and the midpipe to a muffler shop and have them flared to mate. Might cost you $20, mine was $10 but 4 years ago. FWIW

if it's just a small difference, you can buy muffler bandage and wrap it around the smaller end to make it bigger then jam it into the larger end. Heat melts part of it so seals and that works just fine too for small gaps. 

Edited by MindBlower

Slip-on's is made to fit the oem header.

Usually, a full exhaust system will have a larger diameter at the header to flow more.

So, a slip-on will usually have a smaller diameter than a header from the same company.

I would not bother sending it to a shop to widen the flange to a yoshi header.

Sell the slip-on, and get a full system. MRD is a good choise  :thumbsup:

I would like the full system but How much could I sell the slip on for. Here's a pic ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412702054.915555.jpg

That's goofy. Header is good for MAYBE 1hp. So for that he'd have you sell the slip on and buy a whole system.

Whole systems are usually $400-600

Ignore that guy! LOL

Call Yoshimura about the head pipe if you really want one. They are about $150 separately if memory serves.

Edited by MindBlower

I guess I have to call the manufacture and see what the outlet side of the header is in diameter and go from there..

I would like the full system but How much could I sell the slip on for. Here's a pic attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412702054.915555.jpg

Looks lke a Yosh RS-3

A new slipon goes for about $ 320, so i'll guss you can get about half used.

As MindBlower states , a complete new Mrd z/pro will be around $500, but it will flow well over +55hp when you start pimping your engine.

If you don't plan to mod your engine, keep your current setup

The only thing I plan on doing with the motor is Jet the carb and 3x3 mod. maybe later on a different carb. Maybe. Is it worth it?

The only thing I plan on doing with the motor is Jet the carb and 3x3 mod. maybe later on a different carb. Maybe. Is it worth it?

No, not even close.  Pretty much all bling really. Can buy new RS3 (slip on) for $270, so selling yours for $150ish to pay $500 for a new RS2 complete system would be nuts for the tiny gain.

You're not losing much of anything with the stock motor. If you just have to do something, watch for used head pipes to buy and have the ends flared to match. I've a used Pro Circuit system but I want to sell it together.  

Edited by MindBlower

How much

Looks lke a Yosh RS-3

A new slipon goes for about $ 320, so i'll guss you can get about half used.

As MindBlower states , a complete new Mrd z/pro will be around $500, but it will flow well over +55hp when you start pimping your engine.

If you don't plan to mod your engine, keep your current setup

For sure an RS3........Well worth looking for the header.....my stock S exhaust header practically fit inside the Yoshi header......WAYYYYY more volume. When the 3x3 is done and the carb is jetted right, you'll want to switch your shirt size to "TALL" .......hang on bud.......... :lol: