Sign in to follow this  

Oregon McCoy Recreational Area?

Has anyone ever visited McCoy Recreational Area, outside of Detroit? I was thinking about taking a dual sport ride and checking it out. The only trail map I could find looked as if the "trails" are just gravel roads. Would be pretty lame if that was the case.

Has anyone ever visited McCoy Recreational Area, outside of Detroit? I was thinking about taking a dual sport ride and checking it out. The only trail map I could find looked as if the "trails" are just gravel roads. Would be pretty lame if that was the case.

What you see on the map is what you get. Gravel fire roads. There are some nice views though. It is an OHV area in the summer and a snow machine area in the winter.

I grew up in the area of idanha, and there used to be trails all over the coopers ridge side that my family and friends have built. It has been some years since I've been up in the area, I'm sure they're still around. You just have to find them. I'll be riding the area Sunday. I'll report back if anyone is interested. Brapppp on!