DRZ400e Shock rebuild suggestions

So the 5.7 spring came in from factory connection, looks as good as a spring can lol. The bike sagged a lot in the rear so I wanted to go with a stiffer spring for my weight. The question I am left with now is whether I should just have the nitrogen checked and recharged if its needs it and throw it all back in the bike or if I should have the shock rebuilt at a shop, time hasn't been my friend lately so I am not sure if I would be able to spend the required time rebuilding it myself.

Anyone have any idea what a shop would charge me if I took my shock to them for a rebuild? Just wondering if it would really be worth it.

So the 5.7 spring came in from factory connection, looks as good as a spring can lol. The bike sagged a lot in the rear so I wanted to go with a stiffer spring for my weight. The question I am left with now is whether I should just have the nitrogen checked and recharged if its needs it and throw it all back in the bike or if I should have the shock rebuilt at a shop, time hasn't been my friend lately so I am not sure if I would be able to spend the required time rebuilding it myself.

Anyone have any idea what a shop would charge me if I took my shock to them for a rebuild? Just wondering if it would really be worth it.

Providing there is no issues with the shock, it's only a service, clean and flush, new oil and gas recharge.

A revalve on the other hand would cost extra as it is more labor intensive.

Sometimes the bump stop rubber needs replacement and depending on how old the shock is, I would get a new seal fitted while it's apart.

It would be worth it.

Any shock that has seen as many hours or miles as yours likely has (2002 E?) will benefit from a service.

Expect to need a new bottom out bumper, oil seal, bands, shaft bushing and oil at a minimum. As long as the shaft is not damaged, and the rebound/compression adjusters are not damaged it "should" be a straightforward service.  

I will see what a shop will estimate the price to service it, it could use a new bumper for sure. I will post back when I find out.

I will see what a shop will estimate the price to service it, it could use a new bumper for sure. I will post back when I find out.

Send me a PM if you want a qoute