Coyote MX (Mud bog)

Florida

Ok, rode it this past sunday and well lets just say there is great "potential" there but I guess they don't care. Got there at 0900 and when I made it to the track area the guy was still grooming the "clayish" track so I rode the "sandy" (think sort of like Hard rocks sand track) track for about 20 mins and then the smaller track to the right of clay track. Went back to truck and the guy was still grooming, so rode sand track again. Other riders didn't show up till about 0950 and I finally got out on the clay track. Only the flat part of track was groomed, jump faces not even touched and many of the jumps your landing on flat land?.

I rode all 3 of the tracks and each offers some differences but I wouldn't make the trip if your thinking these are some fantastic tracks. Like I said there is "potential" there BUT.....

They have enough free land there to host something like Welcome to Rockville or UPROAR rock concert festivals so maybe they will think about that???

Don :thumbsup:

Good info. Been wondering about that place. Non groomed jumps can be a scary. I hit a huge jump on a none groomed track years ago...it was supposed to be groomed lol anyway on this 3rd gear pinned tripple i hit a 4foot pothole and it kicked the bike 180 and i crushed my hip and was out for months. Now i prefer racing in the woods lol. I had hoped cpyote would have trails but no such luck.

I have several friends that are local to the place. They ride it occasionally, but they don't exactly rave about the place. Lot of drama in the making of it; the key player is no longer involved, and that's a shame IMHO. I had high hopes for the facility.

His heart was in it, he is a good guy, but was done wrong IMO.

It pains me to read this because I hoping it would eventually transform into a great close by track, oh well.

R72,
I've been around a long time and I've seen tracks go up and down. so it is up to the folks running them to listen and observe what is going on. And as always they have to listen to the riders bitch and moan (I hear this all to often when I talk to a track owner...the A riders want more technical stuff and the C riders are complaining about the jumps being to difficult...Blah, blah --- We're a bunch of candy ass little whinners, we motocrossers :rolleyes: )

Yeah your probably right about the whinners, haha. I live in the Ocoee area and as you well know everywhere that's decent to ride (track or trail) is a freakin road trip just to get there, so that's disappointing to hear about Coyote. I find myself at Croom occasionally, Bartow very occasionally, Ocala trails mostly lately, Hardrock every once in a blue, never Bithlo (it's the closest but a little too sandy for my liking, I'm 45 years young so maybe that's it IDK?), occasionally pax which BTW is my track of choice but its so damn far, Oh I had an invite to the Lakeland track a couple weeks ago but couldn't make it (it looks fun from the highway?). I'm hitting Durhamtown with a large Orlando group the end of this month, I try to get up there a couple times a year. Anything out there close by I need to be aware of, please tell me you have a private facility and your happy to invite me??

FYI - I'm riding Pax tomorrow morning, come on out.

Edited by Rooster72

R72,

My closest track is Bithlo (you really should ride more on these type tracks as they make you better in skill) which is about 30 mins from house, then I go down to Mesa (really have liked this track from the beginning as I can do lots of laps and not feel beat) which is about 50 mins from house.

I used to travel all over the state and out of state and ride tracks/trails but as one gets older (be 56 soon) life tends to sloooowwww down. You might want to travel up to the panhandle area (in Chipley there is a private OHV that the guy owns and lets people ride - he uses property for FTR race, and then there is County line MX in Panama city, and then some others here and there)

I only have 1.06 acre and used to have a lttle circle/figure 8 area +one good jump at my very back (got tired of mowing the weeds so I sodded it in years ago).

Sorry but I rode Mesa MX on sunday (only got 10 laps in since I was beat from massive yard project Fri/Sat).

Post up where your going this W/e and we'll see (got yard project that will still be going on so I would be ???)

R72,

My closest track is Bithlo (you really should ride more on these type tracks as they make you better in skill) which is about 30 mins from house, then I go down to Mesa (really have liked this track from the beginning as I can do lots of laps and not feel beat) which is about 50 mins from house.

I used to travel all over the state and out of state and ride tracks/trails but as one gets older (be 56 soon) life tends to sloooowwww down. You might want to travel up to the panhandle area (in Chipley there is a private OHV that the guy owns and lets people ride - he uses property for FTR race, and then there is County line MX in Panama city, and then some others here and there)

I only have 1.06 acre and used to have a lttle circle/figure 8 area +one good jump at my very back (got tired of mowing the weeds so I sodded it in years ago).

Sorry but I rode Mesa MX on sunday (only got 10 laps in since I was beat from massive yard project Fri/Sat).

Post up where your going this W/e and we'll see (got yard project that will still be going on so I would be ???)

Yeah I hear ya on the skill thing, I'm more of a lazy rider nowadays. I'm shutting it down for a couple weekends to get our bikes prepped for Durhamtown trip (we'll be there OCT 29th - Nov 1st if your interested). I'll look you up when I get back, been wanting to go to Mesa and definitely will be checking out the new park in Punta Gorda when it opens.

R72,

Come back to the woods grasshoppa.

Scott,

I am going to go to Croom one of these W/E's so I will be back in the woods.

Just doesn't appeal to me anymore and I'm getting real good on the MX tracks (at least that is what I'm telling myself!!!).

Been trying to find a buyer for the KTM (seems nobody wants a steal of a deal) so I can start work on my Vette.

Hi Don

Sold the KTM bought a new 4 stroke 250. Been going to Bartow, Waldo, Sunshine and Quicktrack. I didn't really like Coyote. Jesse wasn't thrilled either. Going to QT this Saturday to practice and race there on Sunday. Bought bark busters for another try at the woods soon.

Dan

DonO - I'll hit Croom one weekend, but for now it's time to add to my frequent flyer miles at Durhamtown THIS WEEK. There's about 20 of us from O-Town meeting up there, I'm #72 (obviously). Come on up you'll likely see me airing it out on MX2 if your in the area!! 

R72,

I do need to get back up to D-town, been like 8 yrs I bet if i can remember right (organized a big TT rally there and we had a blast - wonder where that pic is of the group?). Just not the time you're going as my B-day is 11/4 (yeah, frikkin election day ain't my life grand!!) so I got to be around to celebrate.

donO :thumbsup: