Sign in to follow this  

Engine

I recently cleaned my airfilter out of my 06 crf250r and rookie mistake, put a scott shop paper towel (the blue ones) in there and forgot about it. The bike started and i noticed burnt pieces flying out from the exaust i immediately cut it off cleaned out the bowl on the carb and sprayed brake cleaner in the carb, and now when i try to crank it all it does is make a loud popping sound HELP PLEASE

Edited by CMAN622

You might bend a valve, if you didn't already.  I would probably try to fish everything out through exhaust and intake ports before doing anything else.

Do what bill said and if you're lucky, it was just a clump holding a valve open a little everything may be OK.

• Like 1

You might bend a valve, if you didn't already. I would probably try to fish everything out through exhaust and intake ports before doing anything else.

so that means i have to remove the head right

You might take the carb off and make sure nothing is clogging one of the air jets on the back of the carb bell opening. You can see on the air box there is a separate port that leads goes to the jets.

I wouldn't guess the shop rag could get past the carb needle and bridge in the intake port.

I removed the carb and looked down into the valves and found a giant wad of paper towel, and there was some in the jets i put the carb back on and imma test it tomorrow morning thanks for the help guys

• Like 1