2006 WR250F Cold Start After Rebuild

About a month ago i got my WR back from a top end rebuild. The bike runs great now and I've taken it on a few rides and put about 60 miles or so on it since the rebuild. I recently took it camping with me and it ran fine that night, but the next morning the bike wouldn't start. I tried until the battery died and the kick starter wouldn't work either. So frustrated, I just put it in the back of my truck and took it home. I charged the battery then the bike took a sec to start up. Now it runs and starts better than ever. Starts up first kick and starts really fast using the electric start as well. My guess is that I have a bad battery. We haven't replaced it since we bought the bike 4 months ago, and the guy said it was bad before he sold it to us. But it seemed to work fine so we didn't do anything. What do you guys think?

About a month ago i got my WR back from a top end rebuild. The bike runs great now and I've taken it on a few rides and put about 60 miles or so on it since the rebuild. I recently took it camping with me and it ran fine that night, but the next morning the bike wouldn't start. I tried until the battery died and the kick starter wouldn't work either. So frustrated, I just put it in the back of my truck and took it home. I charged the battery then the bike took a sec to start up. Now it runs and starts better than ever. Starts up first kick and starts really fast using the electric start as well. My guess is that I have a bad battery. We haven't replaced it since we bought the bike 4 months ago, and the guy said it was bad before he sold it to us. But it seemed to work fine so we didn't do anything. What do you guys think?

. I would get a new battery for peace of mind and the fact it runs good now hey roll with it ride on man.

If the old owner said battery was bad...might as well replace it...once a battery goes dead/bad...it's dead...I use a trickle charger when bike is not in use...same goes for my truck if I'm not driving it for more than 3-4 days...

Edited by deafrider250f

I would recommend a shorai battery. Be careful before taking it out of the box, one could hit himself in the forehead its so light yet it packs an electrical heavyweight punch whenever needed.

Don't ask how one knows that =] haha

Edited by chittyrox

If the old owner said battery was bad...might as well replace it...once a battery goes dead/bad...it's dead...I use a trickle charger when bike is not in use...same goes for my truck if I'm not driving it for more than 3-4 days...

My dad and I were just discussing getting a trickle charger the other day. I'll probably get that when I get my new battery.