Sign in to follow this  

which 450 for motocross

have an 11 yz450 that i'll be selling pretty soon. i liked the motor and never had a single issue with the bike mechanically but i could never get it to turn the way i wanted, was never confident i could dive it into a turn hard and it would consistently hook up in the front. i'll be looking at picking up 12-15 used 450 and i'm open to any brand. i'm 6'1" 250 and a c class rider so i'll have to have to the suspension done no matter what bike it is. was hoping tt might have some good suggestions

have an 11 yz450 that i'll be selling pretty soon. i liked the motor and never had a single issue with the bike mechanically but i could never get it to turn the way i wanted, was never confident i could dive it into a turn hard and it would consistently hook up in the front. i'll be looking at picking up 12-15 used 450 and i'm open to any brand. i'm 6'1" 250 and a c class rider so i'll have to have to the suspension done no matter what bike it is. was hoping tt might have some good suggestions

Rmz 450 08 and up. They turn beautifully. Tons of power. Or an 06-09yz 450... In 10 they dropped the ball in the handling department

Rmz 450 08 and up. They turn beautifully. Tons of power. Or an 06-09yz 450... In 10 they dropped the ball in the handling department

yes the rmz turn very very well!!

the yz power.

the kx is a great bike too

but if you want the best, get a ktm

• Like 1

Being a larger rider, you might find the KX450 fits you well.

First bike I have owned that I have felt so comfortable on from the factory, just fits well and feels natural, great adjustment with bars being able to mount in 4 locations, and foot pegs are height adjustable.   I'm 6ft2 and 235lbs.

Amazing engine, super stable when the going gets rough, will be even better once you have your suspension done.

RMZ's are amazing at cornering, but always found myself feeling very cramped when I ride one.   Cant comment on the others as havent really spent any time on them

Edited by thorns_nz

IMG_9471.JPGIMG_9473.JPGIMG_9487.JPG2015 CRF450, probably the best production 450 of all time! Picked mine up 2 weeks ago, best Honda ever by far! Its fast, and will out handle any other bike I have ridden, and that includes all the 14 450s!