DRZ gets a makeover.. From Blue To Yellow

well i just acquired a full set of OEM SM yellow plastics in excellent condition (minus the front fender being off a same year S).  I don't like the look of the SM front fender on the 21" rim..  Was representing blue for a while, now to the yellow.. I think the yellow may be a touch faster! For those that don't know, the yellow is very bright in person.. Also seems to draw a lot of compliments :)

Before: Sorry about the crappy pic, the lighting was not cooperating..

photo3_zps00913667.jpg

DrzBlue_zps3c49a515.jpg

After:

DrzYellow_zpsee6f80b8.jpgphoto_zps4b731a17.jpg

Edited by NW_drZ

Na hice. I really like the yellow bikes.

You could probably use an RMZ/RMX front fender - has the same shape as the SM fender but the longer dirtbike length. Only available in yellow afaik, so could be a decently priced option if you want

nice, added bonus, yellow DRZ's are the fastest.

Nice! Yellow is the fastest!

Get ya a front fender off an 01+ RM250, looks more modern and bolts right up to the same holes on the DRZ. Sometimes you need to put a pair of washers between the fender and the triple clamps on the rear bolts if the fender is too close to the frame/radiators but other than that it just bolts right up  :ride:

drz3_sm.jpg

Very nice,   i like it,  would not mind trying yellow me self.

In the wild,  blue and yellow can coexist. 

drz122_zps41abe4c3.jpg

Its the white bits that actually make it faster.....

Its the white bits that actually make it faster.....

+1 on the white.........hahahaha

Very nice, i like it, would not mind trying yellow me self.

In the wild, blue and yellow can coexist.

drz122_zps41abe4c3.jpg

Ron,

You have one of my fav DRZs on the forum.. Yellow I have always liked a bit over blue so I would support your bike getting the yellow makeover! Problem is it's not exactly a cheap mod for nice oem stuff

well i just acquired a full set of OEM SM yellow plastics in excellent condition (minus the front fender being off a same year S). I don't like the look of the SM front fender on the 21" rim.. Was representing blue for a while, now to the yellow.. I think the yellow may be a touch faster! For those that don't know, the yellow is very bright in person.. Also seems to draw a lot of compliments :)

Before: Sorry about the crappy pic, the lighting was not cooperating..

photo3_zps00913667.jpg

DrzBlue_zps3c49a515.jpg

After:

DrzYellow_zpsee6f80b8.jpgphoto_zps4b731a17.jpg

Surely you've read enough about them to know yeller is the fastest color!

Ron,

You have one of my fav DRZs on the forum.. Yellow I have always liked a bit over blue so I would support your bike getting the yellow makeover! Problem is it's not exactly a cheap mod for nice oem stuff

Thanks,  and yeah i agree,   you have it much easier,  since you did not need a same color tank,  and your wheels go with any color,  on me DRZ i would either need a yellow or aftermarket white/clear tank,  and the biggest issue is the wheels (blue)...  so if i wanted to go yellow i would need to figure out how to go about it,

I never liked the Yellow,  i went out of me way to find a Blue DRZ,  but being on the forum and seeing all the pics,   a Yellow SM is the business,  really liking em now,  seems like the last time a yellow drz was produced was 2007 in the US,  in australia they still produce them yellow.

Your transformation came out great.   :thumbsup:

Everyone knows blue gives you an extra 10hp....

Got to be Yeller !!

bike23.jpg" alt="bike23.jpg">

Edited by NEKOOHC

It's surprising to me just how different the bike looks with the change of colour.

Got to be Yeller !!

bike23.jpg

Id say thats like %60 black %40 yellow.   :p

In all seriousness tho,  BLUE OWNS all  :D

Id say thats like %60 black %40 yellow.   :p

In all seriousness tho,  BLUE OWNS all  :D

Sometimes, you need just the right amount of yellow.

If you want blue bikes, aren't you supposed to own Yamahas?