Replacement DR-Z 400 Clutch Perch

Hello everyone, I recently had a spill and broke my clutch perch. The OEM perch is a bit expensive, and I am looking for a replacement which is cheaper, but not complete junk. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need a perch that has a mirror mount (or one which I can buy separately and attach) and is compatible with all the wires, and the switch which deactivates the starter when the clutch lever isn't pulled in. Sorry If some of this is incorrect information, I am not familiar with the handlebar area.

Thanks!

I was in the same position as you, and all I was able to find was OEM on Ebay.  There has got to be an aftermarket one out there that will work, but I sure couldn't find it.

I just went the Ebay route and everything was good.  It was a bit expensive, but now my clutch works...

I did the same and scored an OE perch w a ZETA lever on ebay look around theres plenty of DRZ parts sellers

Hello everyone, I recently had a spill and broke my clutch perch. The OEM perch is a bit expensive, and I am looking for a replacement which is cheaper, but not complete junk. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need a perch that has a mirror mount (or one which I can buy separately and attach) and is compatible with all the wires, and the switch which deactivates the starter when the clutch lever isn't pulled in. Sorry If some of this is incorrect information, I am not familiar with the handlebar area.

Thanks!

I got a Suzuki/Honda universal shorty (2 finger) lever from motorcycle superstore for just 16 bucks Perch and lever!

I got a Suzuki/Honda universal shorty (2 finger) lever from motorcycle superstore for just 16 bucks Perch and lever!

Does it work well with all the wires, etc?

Does it work well with all the wires, etc?

Yep, it bolts right up. Took a few minutes to put on!

If you dump the safety switch you can use any number of clutch perches so long as you also dump the mirror mount.

Sorry to ask all these questions, but is it this one? So even the wires hook up?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/40031/i/bikemaster-brake-lever-and-perch-assembly?WT.ac=SLIsearch

That's the brake lever/perch.Heres what you're looking for. Sorry I couldn't get a link, I'm on my phone. Just go to motorcyclesuperstore.com and search parts unlimited clutch lever/perch and you'll find it. And I didn't have wires going to my clutch lever/perch so I don't know but if I didn't have them you probably don't need them. but the cable hooks right up. :)

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412887596.460296.jpg

If you use something like this: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/44676/i/moose-racing-mirror-mount-clutch-perches then you can use just about any perch you want. As for the wires, thats just the clutch safety switch wires and you can safely disable that by merely plugging the wires together and tucking them away.

If you dump the safety switch you can use any number of clutch perches so long as you also dump the mirror mount.

That's the brake lever/perch.Heres what you're looking for. Sorry I couldn't get a link, I'm on my phone. Just go to motorcyclesuperstore.com and search parts unlimited clutch lever/perch and you'll find it. And I didn't have wires going to my clutch lever/perch so I don't know but if I didn't have them you probably don't need them. but the cable hooks right up. :)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412887596.460296.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the help! I'll see what I can find!

Thanks everyone for all the help! I'll see what I can find!

I just remembered I have an MSR perch/lever that I took off to put this one on (didn't like the long clutch lever) you can have it for just shipping if you're interested. Hit me with a PM if so.

I just remembered I have an MSR perch/lever that I took off to put this one on (didn't like the long clutch lever) you can have it for just shipping if you're interested. Hit me with a PM if so.

PM'd!