HESITATION with loose ball bearing sound!

Yes I have the ACCT...Is there a way to know If my Chain is streched out..or its the ACCT( Is there a way of if the ACCT is starting to FAIL)???

Can I just slap in an MCCT even if the chain is streched out!! Sorry for the Confusing  questions!

Thanks Black Drz!

Edited by guitarmusiczone

Yes I have the ACCT...Is there a way to know If my Chain is streched out..or its the ACCT( Is there a way of if the ACCT is starting to FAIL)???

Can I just slap in an MCCT even if the chain is streched out!! Sorry for the Confusing  questions!

Thanks Black Drz!

if your idle is too low, you'll hear piston slap while getting rolling. 

do you know the difference between the sounds piston slap, and loose timing chain ? 

• Like 1

My idle is good...but when Im riding specially approaching a stop from a full throttle the bike seems to bog down so I have to  compensate by 

squeezing the throttle while holding the clutch until it smooths out again...and I will hear that ball bearing loose inside sound...

Thanks for the reply man..

and yes I dont know the difference between a piston slap and loose chain...do you have any link for videos posted for loose chains..I cant seem to find one through the search bar!

if your idle is too low, you'll hear piston slap while getting rolling. 

do you know the difference between the sounds piston slap, and loose timing chain ? 

Edited by guitarmusiczone

How many miles has your DRZ done?

You could add a MCCT to a worn chain, how far the adjuster must be wound in will be an indicator on how worn the chain is.

Doing a timing check will also be an indicator, see Erik's posts here, 

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/552694-mcct-install-guide-and-why-one-is-recommended/

And here,

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/718276-drz-valve-clearance-check-and-adjustment-plus-cam-timing/

There has been post/pics of MCCT's and how far owners have their MCCT wound in, bit of searching might show some pics.

I do think it would be worthwhile to start by doing a valve clearance and timing check.

My idle is good...but when Im riding specially approaching a stop from a full throttle the bike seems to bog down so I have to  compensate by 

squeezing the throttle while holding the clutch until it smooths out again...and I will hear that ball bearing loose inside sound...

Thanks for the reply man..

and yes I dont know the difference between a piston slap and loose chain...do you have any link for videos posted for loose chains..I cant seem to find one through the search bar!

sounds like the idler jet may be clogged (low idle coming to a stop) and your timing chain may be loose. the timing chain will sound like a coffee can full of nuts when it's not in tension like it should be. sorry, i don't have a video handy, but you'll get the idea from the description. if the timing chain is loose, it should sound that way all the time, not with increased load or rpm. 

one other thing (easy to check) is your carb's float height. if it's set wrong, you could get a low idle on steep decents, or low idle when decelerating. put a piece of clear hose on the float bowl drain spigot, and open the drain screw (the phillips head) with the clear tube right next to the float bowl. the fuel should be level with the float bowl's mating surface with the body of the carb. too high = overly rich, too low = insufficient fuel flow 

you'll  see what i mean ?

• Like 1

sounds like the idler jet may be clogged (low idle coming to a stop) and your timing chain may be loose. the timing chain will sound like a coffee can full of nuts when it's not in tension like it should be. sorry, i don't have a video handy, but you'll get the idea from the description. if the timing chain is loose, it should sound that way all the time, not with increased load or rpm. 

one other thing (easy to check) is your carb's float height. if it's set wrong, you could get a low idle on steep decents, or low idle when decelerating. put a piece of clear hose on the float bowl drain spigot, and open the drain screw (the phillips head) with the clear tube right next to the float bowl. the fuel should be level with the float bowl's mating surface with the body of the carb. too high = overly rich, too low = insufficient fuel flow 

you'll  see what i mean ?